Sponsored

S550 owners who carry firearms: What, and where?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpeedLu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Premium PP1 Mustang GT, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4
I gotta ask,
Do you guys carry guns because you can or because you feel you 'need' to? Would you feel unsafe without them?
When I carry a gun, I don’t do so because I am looking for a fight, but because I’m looking to be left alone. The gun at my side means that I cannot be forced, only persuaded. I don’t carry it because I’m afraid, but because it enables me to be unafraid. It doesn’t limit the actions of those who would interact with me through reason, only the actions of those who would do so by force. It removes force from the equation…that’s why carrying a gun is a civilized act.

Don't ask me the author because I don't know, but this is the most eloquent reasoning I can think of to describe why I carry a firearm.
Sponsored

Rickycardo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT auto
I gotta ask,
Do you guys carry guns because you can or because you feel you 'need' to? Would you feel unsafe without them?
Do you wear a seat belt because you can or because you need to? We understand that though the majority of people are good and honest there are also many out there who would harm us given the opportunity. Our first line of defense is not giving them that opportunity, our second step is having the means to defend ourselves.

Rickycardo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT auto
Its the 2nd amendment junkies. People forget the 2nd amendment came about that you could have a single shot flint lock rifle at home to protect yourself from the British invading like 200 some years ago.

It wasn't really intended to be used the way it is today; as obviously the founding fathers could not have EVER predicted high powered assault rifles when drafting the 2nd amendment 200 some years ago. And this is coming from a gun owner.

And I feel no need to carry at all points in time despite being able to. If someone wants my wallet or car- take it. No matter how much I love my GT. Im not going to get into a gun fight over something that can be replaced.
The founding fathers new all about assault weapons.
Puckle_gun_advertisement.jpg
artisansanonymespucklegun-01_zpsd69bdb06.jpg

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I gotta ask,
Just weak insecure wimps carry a gun or buckle their seat belt.

Sponsored

Quackfoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black GT Premium
Its the 2nd amendment junkies. People forget the 2nd amendment came about that you could have a single shot flint lock rifle at home to protect yourself from the British invading like 200 some years ago.

It wasn't really intended to be used the way it is today; as obviously the founding fathers could not have EVER predicted high powered assault rifles when drafting the 2nd amendment 200 some years ago. And this is coming from a gun owner.

And I feel no need to carry at all points in time despite being able to. If someone wants my wallet or car- take it. No matter how much I love my GT. Im not going to get into a gun fight over something that can be replaced.
Maybe you should learn something about history before you try to tell people about it? The 2nd had several reasons behind it, but it's main purpose was to ensure that power remained with the people. Our founding fathers understood history, and the first act of a tyrannical government is disarming the populace.

You should try reading the Federalist Papers sometime.

A. The Federalist Papers, No. 28: Alexander Hamilton expressed that when a government betrays the people by amassing too much power and becoming tyrannical, the people have no choice but to exercise their original right of self-defense — to fight the government.[Halbrook, p. 67]
B. The Federalist Papers, No. 29: Alexander Hamilton explained that an armed citizenry was the best and only real defense against a standing army becoming large and oppressive. [Halbrook, p. 67]
C. The Federalist Papers, No. 46: James Madison contended that ultimate authority resides in the people, and that if the federal government got too powerful and overstepped its authority, then the people would develop plans of resistance and resort to arms. [Halbrook, p. 67]

Probably the best explanation I've ever read... http://jpfo.org/filegen-n-z/six-about-2nd.htm

And what are you going to do when the guy who wants your wallet prefers not to leave witnesses around or decides taking it off your body is easier? Or the guy who decides to rape your wife? Average emergency response time is 10 minutes in the U.S. Nashville is considered fast with the lightning time of 9 minutes. By that time your family is dead the killer is out the door. :brokenheart:

Last edited:

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
When the shit hits the fan and it will, the 1st folks they will be coming for are the people with guns because they pose the most serious threat. it wont matter if your law abiding citizen or a criminal. Their aim is to take all the guns away from the common folk and criminals....this country is tearing itself apart day by day. And disorganized untrained civilians are no match for a trained and organized army on public streets. Over 800 fema camps nationwide are active and staffed and ready to receive folks from the fallout of the coming civil war!

Last edited:

vernonator

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT w/PP - Race Red

Gee hate to burst your bubble but even the SCOTUS disagrees with you. :headbonk::headbonk::headbonk:

blk_5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CO 2015 GT PP
Didn't this thread go south in a hurry!
I'm sitting here trying desperately to not jump into the debate here since the OP specifically didn't want one lol. The one guy talking about the 2nd amendment not applying to modern weapons/ARs needs his head checked :frusty: Funny so many love the 1st amendment but don't realize it is protected by the 2nd. Back to the main topic, just got my G-Code OWB kydex holster in last week and have the car mount on the way. I'll report back in once I start using it. Their mount is nice because you aren't drilling or really mounting anything permanent to the car and you can switch the holster between multiple cars. I'd rather avoid drilling holes in something I will most likely be trading in within 2 years

Sponsored

Rickycardo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT auto
When the shit hits the fan and it will, the 1st folks they will be coming for are the people with guns because they pose the most serious threat. it wont matter if your law abiding citizen or a criminal. Their aim is to take all the guns away from the common folk and criminals....this country is tearing itself apart day by day. And disorganized untrained civilians are no match for a trained and organized army on public streets. Over 800 fema camps nationwide are active and staffed and ready to receive folks from the fallout of the coming civil war!
Not sure why people with no knowledge of military tactics or strategies insist that a theoretical battle between armed citizenry and the government would play out with skirmish lines and such.
Most of your untrained, unorganized civilians are military veterans. Well trained, well experienced. Any civil war or revolution would play itself out over decades with everything from raids on military supplies to political assassinations to IED warfare in the streets. It would play out as the bloodiest and dirtiest war by far.
Ok, I'm done with the ranting. Sorry to stray off topic.

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Not to mention that just because some of us are in the military that we'd take up arms against our own populace. I'm sure you'd find that if the shit really hit the fan and our government was trying to oppress the people, many of us would suddenly become conscientious objectors.

Col3371

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Colin
Vehicle(s)
5.0 Ruby Red GT
I'm in the UK. Best I could 'rustle' up in an emergency would be a biro pen :lol:

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
Not to mention that just because some of us are in the military that we'd take up arms against our own populace. I'm sure you'd find that if the shit really hit the fan and our government was trying to oppress the people, many of us would suddenly become conscientious objectors.
The majority of folks will be caught off guard, because they don't believe it can happen. and that's just how they want it. it will be easy for them to control the populous when they don't know whats going on in the 1st place!

mustang1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
after reading through this thread, I was almost going to drive over to the nearest Academy and purchase a pistol and get my CCL. I was planning to ask very intelligent questions, such as, " 9mm or 45 acp? ball-ammo or hollow point? " so that the sales clerk behind the counter didn't think i was a noob.

But then I got to remembering that as an American, I have Constitutional Rights that has every liberal democrat popping Prozac. Even though I was supposed to have learned what my rights are back in 8th grade, I still had to google, and much to my surprise I came up with this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second_Amendment_to_the_United_States_Constitution

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

Now I am on the thin side, so my God given arms don't intimidate anyone. Which means I have to improvise. It just so happens, I was on ebay shopping for Mustang parts, and stumbled upon one of these. Perfect ! It comes with both iPhone and Android apps. Just type in the license plate of whatever idiot is irritating you, and you get instant respect and they back off. It is a little bulky and tends to "print" sometimes, but definitely worth it. :thumbsup:
Predator-fires-Hellfire1.jpg
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.