Tash Oh

Tash Oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2016 White Mustang GT
Damn that's really frustrating. Is there no part number written on those bars? Either way if you find anything out please let me know. I'll be taking the car to a ford licensed body shop tomorrow so I am hoping they will know what they are.:crazy:
Sponsored

LICobra

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 K0933
Nope and neither does my buddy. We both own 2016 base GTs so I am not sure if that has anything to do with it.
My base 15' GT/PP has them, but never really noticed them since I replaced the upper and lower grilles with the RPI wire mesh grilles

American

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 GT / 17 GT350
I will definitely post in here if we figure it out. Hope your body shop can find it!

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
These are part of PP and will only be on PP cars. Try fordparts.com and look under PP cars.

Also, anyone with a Whipple removed them to install the heat exchanger. I would imagine any forced induction car that is intercooled would remove them as well. Try asking one of the 100's of FI guys, I'm sure they would be happy to get some parts out of their garages. I'm keeping mine though btw lol

OP
OP
Tash Oh

Tash Oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2016 White Mustang GT
So the closest thing I was able to find on the ford website are the body header mounting panel brackets . Not sure if it is the correct part but it might be the case.
Untitled.jpg

Sponsored

DevilDogDoc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EB 6spd Ruby Red
These are part of PP and will only be on PP cars. Try fordparts.com and look under PP cars.

Also, anyone with a Whipple removed them to install the heat exchanger. I would imagine any forced induction car that is intercooled would remove them as well. Try asking one of the 100's of FI guys, I'm sure they would be happy to get some parts out of their garages. I'm keeping mine though btw lol
ORLY? As my picture showed some non-PP have them too.....

OP
OP
Tash Oh

Tash Oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2016 White Mustang GT
So turns out that I was right. After finding out that supercharged 5.0s have to remove those bars to free up space for the intercooler, I found a sc installation manual from the Vortech website. There I found this picture where these bars are referred to as "optional front braces". Also upon getting a closer look at the uninstalled braces I realized that the item I found on the ford website is exactly what I was looking for. Hope this helps to clean up some confusion for anyone else who is also looking to upgrade. These are listed at $56 each on the ford website, but there's plenty of supercharged stangs that have no use for them anymore so I am hoping that I can scavenge them off somebody.
Untitled.jpg

livewire2003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red Mustang GT
So turns out that I was right. After finding out that supercharged 5.0s have to remove those bars to free up space for the intercooler, I found a sc installation manual from the Vortech website. There I found this picture where these bars are referred to as "optional front braces". Also upon getting a closer look at the uninstalled braces I realized that the item I found on the ford website is exactly what I was looking for. Hope this helps to clean up some confusion for anyone else who is also looking to upgrade. These are listed at $56 each on the ford website, but there's plenty of supercharged stangs that have no use for them anymore so I am hoping that I can scavenge them off somebody.

Do you have the part number?

cobrakid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 CA Special GT 5.0
...or put a thread out see if anyone supercharged wants to sell theirs for $75 shipped!

Sponsored

AutoX_GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Performance Pack - Black
I had to temporarily remove these braces when installing my Paxton kit. According to Paxton instructions they are only equipped with PP cars and they help stiffen the front end up a bit more.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Interesting, I'll have to take a look at my PP EB tomorrow and confirm...

Chris796

Ford CFO
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 EcoBoost

ORLY? As my picture showed some non-PP have them too.....
I had to temporarily remove these braces when installing my Paxton kit. According to Paxton instructions they are only equipped with PP cars and they help stiffen the front end up a bit more.
Interesting, I'll have to take a look at my PP EB tomorrow and confirm...

Base model here and I have them though.....

vudumonkey25

DAYMANN
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
2017 Black V6 Vert
Out of town for the weekend so I can't check out my car. What was the difficulty to remove them? Pop off the bumper and some bolts? Thinking red powder coat might look good.

Super Werty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 PP GT
If I remember correctly they are hood latch supports. Not sure why the pp has them only. I removed mine. Hit me up on pm if you want to buy them.
Sponsored