Sponsored

S550 breaks down walls

doulos4jc

......looking^
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Mustang
So I'm at the typical Thanksgiving family get together and my one day old 2015 is sitting proudly in my mother in laws driveway. My niece's husband(who I've probably spoken 7 words to in the last 7 years) said "wow, nice car". We talked mustangs, cars, life for over an hour. Very cool!
Sponsored

SilverSpoon09

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2015 GTP PP in CO / 08 CTS / 00 C-SVT
Took my 2 day old mustang to surprise my parents then went to anther thanksgiving party after. My 2015 was oogled over the 600+ hp Ford racing 2013 mustang the host had. All the men talked mustangs and car for a good 2 hours after the dinner. Was great. My first new car and first mustang as well. It is just so amazing how much the car look in person compared to pictures. Not to mention how much better it looks then the 13-14's which I loved at the time.

Zoink

Threads
Reaction score
Ive had pretty much the opposite reaction. Yesterday at family's house, no one looked or even commented, except two, that said, "you actually bought a....mustang??" and "I liked your old car better."

I guess the s550 has a way to go, down here, before it breaks down any walls.

IndustryLeech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP, 2012 V6 'vert, '70 VW Bug, '01 Disco 2
Ive had pretty much the opposite reaction. Yesterday at family's house, no one looked or even commented, except two, that said, "you actually bought a....mustang??" and "I liked your old car better."

I've gotta ask, what was your old car?

Asharus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angelo
Vehicle(s)
2018 Challenger Scat Pack
from watching various youtube videos and reading the comments. there's a lot of s550 haters out there, and in particular, from owners of older mustangs, especially the 11-14 owners.

kinda funny. im sure that 2013 mustang owner did not appreciate his guests talking about your 15 over his 600+ hp machine.

Sponsored

Zoink

Threads
Reaction score
from watching various youtube videos and reading the comments. there's a lot of s550 haters out there, and in particular, from owners of older mustangs, especially the 11-14 owners.
Very true. And most of the hate is directed at the turbo.
Personally I dont get it (or really care). But to me, if a turbo four is good enough to rest in a BMW, Audi or benz, then it works in a mustang too.

SVTFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Wimbledon white LE #275 A6

Not sure what you mean by "down here", I'm farther "down here" than you, and made probably 15 trips outside because people wanted to see it. And liked it. Even neighbors. One with a c7.

Yesterday was family day. Most people take the tastes of their family. Maybe your family isn't into mustangs and don't know them and don't care. In which case, they won't understand.

My family is all about cars, American v8's, performance and drag racing. There are ford and Chevy and dodge lovers but they would all ask you to park that genesis down the street.

You can't base a whole "down here"'s opinion on one get together that is, quite possibly, already opinionated one day. Go somewhere where the people are varied and mixed and you'll find the general public reception of the s550 is extremely positive.

Yes, there are plenty of 11-14 "fanbois" who don't like it. I suspect many are jealous of just buying a car and a new one comes out with many many improvements.

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 GT350
Vehicle Showcase

I've been getting in heated arguments with my family and family's friends about my choice to buy a Mustang. They're all driving AMGs and older BMWs. Every time I show them pictures or talk specs, they just keep saying "but it's a FORD! Why are you trading the Bimmer in for a ratty Mustang?" Drives me crazy.

kinda funny. im sure that 2013 mustang owner did not appreciate his guests talking about your 15 over his 600+ hp machine.
Yeah, the vocal crowd seems to be the owners from the new-retro group (S197s, 5G Camaros, Challengers). And yet I see nothing but praise from owners of cars like the New Edge SN-95s.

Sponsored

Asharus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angelo
Vehicle(s)
2018 Challenger Scat Pack
Yes, there are plenty of 11-14 "fanbois" who don't like it. I suspect many are jealous of just buying a car and a new one comes out with many many improvements.
This is my theory as well and is the only logical explanation

Zoink

Threads
Reaction score
I've been getting in heated arguments with my family and family's friends about my choice to buy a Mustang.
Unless "heated arguments" was hyperbole, why even waste the energy? Your dollars, your choice. If they want to see you in an amg or BMW then perhaps they should fund it. :shrug:

xTexasfightx

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James or Mack.
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium DIB
As a former owner of a 2012 Mustang and now a proud owner of a 2015 GT, people that hate on it are crazy and living life wrong.

Mike G

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT
Yeah, the vocal crowd seems to be the owners from the new-retro group (S197s, 5G Camaros, Challengers). And yet I see nothing but praise from owners of cars like the New Edge SN-95s.
I'm an S197 owner, and I'm definitely pro-S550. I've been in a cocoon regarding the new car. I've only read the stuff here, on Camaro5, and the various print and online reviews. A lot of "hate" from the 11-14 owners is kind of surprising. The '05 was a retro-cool knockout when it first arrived, and Ford squeezed all they could out of that model. The S550 is a needed and welcome change.
Sponsored