Man Breaks Solo Cannonball Run Record in Rental Mustang GT

DCShelby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Lighting Blue and 2017 Ducati 1299S
So he juiced up on energy drinks and other drugs, did not sleep or eat for 25 hours and was averaging 108? I’m all for having fun but the human body is not designed for that and the last few hours of the drive he was a juiced up dangerous sleep and food deprived zombie, that could have killed other people.
Sponsored

sstone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 J1955
For anyone interested in the modern history (2000s+) of the coast-to-coast runs, plus a great overview of the Cannonball, or just interested in a plain old good story, check out Apex: the Secret Race Across America. There are plenty of crazies out there. Think: solo motorcycle rider doing the Cannonball.

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Auto Ruby Red
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB base GT manual 3.55
I don’t think I could personally do a cannonball run but this is awesome. I had a ‘15 GT and I’ve hit what looked like 163 ish in mine. I sold it and bought a truck for the family but hopefully here soon I’ll be in a Mach 1 or maybe a preowned gt350.

Sponsored

BimmerDriver

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
GT convertible w/3 pedals, BMW M550i
I think we can all agree on the following points:

1) That's what rental cars are for
2) We should not be endangering our fellow motorists by doing stupid stuff on public streets
3) All of us are guilty of #2 at some point in our lives (possibly more than once)
4) The Cannonball Run is cool, and we wish we had the cojones/money/time/bladder control to do it.

mustang777

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP 1
Something fishy about that story. The guy says a "Mustang GT will not go over 159", The Mustang pictured is a base GT. Those are limited to 135 mph.

How did he get it to 159 w/o a tune?
I done 156 in my GT PP1 nothing fishy there.

Roger Blose

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Roger
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 1988 Mustang GT, 2009 Lincoln MKZ
Lets see, 150 gallons at 7 pounds per gallon is 910 pounds of fuel placed all inside the car. Sounds like the Lindbergh plane of days gone by. The handling must have been pretty bad when full. Hertz must have been pleased at turn in time. And Ford Racing is thrilled but cannot endorse such a dangerous stunt even though this base Mustang GT beat the best of Germany's AMG and an Audi three man crew entries this past year. Long live the Coyote V-8s.

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide
See...... Now this is why I don’t buy prior rental Mustangs LOL

Sponsored

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide
Next time use a catheter...no problem and no mess. What about poo? Did he shit his pants and wear a diaper? Or perhaps take an enema from hell and clear it all out before he left??

Probably drank a gallon of that nasty stuff you have to drink before a colonoscopy.

DCShelby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Lighting Blue and 2017 Ducati 1299S
That’s actually barium, and it’s pretty tightly controlled medical substance as a low level radioactive substance. I’m guessing lots of Milk of Magnesia.

CVCashmere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Vert w/Steeda lower brace, PP sways & susp
I am waiting for the obligatory newcomer to the site who says "I just got a great deal on a rental GT does anyone know what these tiny drilled holes inside it are for?" :)
Or...when he opens the trunk and realizes that the lined trunk with cover is actually a whopping gas tank! Wheweee....and he made Hertz fill it before he bought it!!

CVicVogel

Roger Blose

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Roger
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 1988 Mustang GT, 2009 Lincoln MKZ
Ford Performance should track down this record breaking Mustang and buy it for displays. It is a real testament to their engineering that this car in base form could beat other high end German wonder cars. Kind of like the 2020 version of Ford vs Ferrari only against the Mercedes AMG and Audi A7s with their three man crews.

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
VINWIKI promesed to post a video with the men who did it. I can't wait to see it.

Actually they just did post it:

Sponsored