Sponsored

S550 blend actuator door replacement info?

Warhead

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
So my 2015 EcoBoost appears to have an issue with the blend actuator door, where the driver side blows hotter and the passenger side blows colder. I can still adjust the temperature for each so it is performing some function, but the left is always much warmer vs the right.

Is anyone aware of a replacement help video or web page with pics to replace it?

I have searched and found complaints, but nobody showing how it's done on an S550.
Sponsored

Rod Schneider

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rod
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EcoBoost
So my 2015 EcoBoost appears to have an issue with the blend actuator door, where the driver side blows hotter and the passenger side blows colder. I can still adjust the temperature for each so it is performing some function, but the left is always much warmer vs the right.

Is anyone aware of a replacement help video or web page with pics to replace it?

I have searched and found complaints, but nobody showing how it's done on an S550.
I believe this may also be a symptom of a failing evaporator core.....

boosted4life

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Yes that's a symptom that your low on refrigerant. We haven't had any issues with blend door actuators yet. More than likely your evap leaking.

OP
OP
Warhead

Warhead

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
Yup, funny enough I had barely had a short trip when I posted this and then had to drive about 100 miles. By the end of that trip it was barely cool out of the right side towards the end.

I will approach it from this angle at this point.

OP
OP
Warhead

Warhead

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
Dropped it at the dealer today, they just called to report it is the blend door and ordered the part to replace next week.

I will report back.

Sponsored

The Great Gazoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Silver GT/Auto
My A/C stopped working earlier this year. Brought to my lame dealer and they said the charge was low and recharged it and put in dye. Now my car windows are fogging up like crazy all the time. Seems like the recirc is on all the time so also maybe the blend door as well. Sounds like I got to bring it back again and drive a Focus for a couple of days again. :(

PTRP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0

I’ve been having the same problem on and off for the past eight months. I’ve been through three blend door actuator’s and they eventually replace the entire AC/heater box.

350sexZ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ernest
Vehicle(s)
2015 50yr ww 6spd -2014 explorer sport
Same symptoms I had. Until they put the new actuator in and said it turned out to be the a evap leaking.
Sponsored