Sponsored

S550 As Built module software updates

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
When Ford releases new software updates to the S550 As Built modules, does the vehicle owner have to:

1) go to their Ford Service Center for those updates?

2) is the update free? Asking since it would be a software update that was relevant enough that Ford sees important enough to push out (and considering most new vehicles today are running a multitude of software and circuitry for daily operations)

Does anyone know if those updates can be processed via Forscan?

I’m not talking about or referring to adding updates to modules to gain “options” that certain vehicles did not originally have when built...

I am referring to say a Ford TSB/GSM/SSM document that contains a software revision for say the 10R80 transmission, or the TEDs in the heated/cooled seats, or EPS, or any type of engine/body control modules.

I’m also asking because I can see in Ford ETIS for my vehicle, there are certain modules that have had software revisions that now supersede the original data those modules were loaded with from when the car was built.
Sponsored

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
If it's not broke, don't fix it.

OP
OP
Cobra Jet

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
If it's not broke, don't fix it.

Some of the updates are beneficial to better function or operation of the vehicle...

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Some of the updates are beneficial to better function or operation of the vehicle...
I would imagine there is just as good of a chance of doing an update that is negative to better function or operation of the vehicle.

I can imagine software up-dates being due to changes in parts used in sub-assemblies like the transmission.
Sponsored