Sponsored

Rumormill: Next gen coyote will be twin turbo 4.0L.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Thread tidied.........back to the subject in hand please, gents.
Sponsored

ktp1598

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bobby
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kona Blue California Special
I wouldn't mind a 4.0TT in my next Mustang. Actually, with all the traffic around here a 2.7TT (Like in my wife's Edge) with aftermarket exhaust would be plenty. Wouldn't hurt my feelings if those were the only 2 engines available as long as the 4.0 is a V8. Gotta have the sound!

Flat Stanely

Yea, it's Stanley, I know
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
K.C.
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
I wonder how many people felt sad about losing the live axle since the mustang has always had it? Probably not many. Change, evolve or die. That's the car industry. And now that change is actually mandated by the government. Whether you agree with it or not. This won't be like the 70-80s tho since horsepower numbers is driving the segment big time and with ecoboost tech you can have both power and better mileage. I for one am very excited for this. Your gonna have 450-500 hp factory with turbos and forged internals...you are a tune and bolt-ons from 600. About 550-575whp I think.

Excelerater

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
4.0 is too small for a heavy car like a mustang
IMO the 5.0 is too small but whatever ,these cars need more arm IMO

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
I wonder how many people felt sad about losing the live axle since the mustang has always had it? Probably not many. Change, evolve or die. That's the car industry. And now that change is actually mandated by the government. Whether you agree with it or not. This won't be like the 70-80s tho since horsepower numbers is driving the segment big time and with ecoboost tech you can have both power and better mileage. I for one am very excited for this. Your gonna have 450-500 hp factory with turbos and forged internals...you are a tune and bolt-ons from 600. About 550-575whp I think.
I miss the solid axle. The hard core drag racers miss it.

Sponsored

Blue Horse

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I don"t just miss the solid axle,I Miss what the Mustang stood for, and the American look it used to have before the S-550.A sad day and time for sure.:mad:

azsnake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Raptor
3.5 eco is now in the raptor thats nearly twice as heavy. A 4.0TT makes the displacement of the motor a non issue and kinda tosses it out the window. Figure the total volume your moving under boost. The low end tq numbers will be fine and being a small displacement motor it should be able to rev pretty damn high while making great hp.

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
Obviously you never driven a ecoboost 2.7 or 3.5 F150 vs a 5.0 F150. I'll agree a non boosted smaller displacement engine would never work but a boosted one will most definitely work. If ford were to put a 650hp ecoboost v6 in a halo mustang id be first in line and trade in my GT350 as long as it looks good, brakes and handles equally as well or better than my GT350.
SIGN ME UP.
Look I'm a V8 guy all the way, but I own both a 5.0 and ecoboost F150 and until you own or drive one you can't judge against the ecoboost. If the day comes that ford puts the technology of the F150 into the mustang (aluminum body, twin turbos) the rules will be changed and tough to beat. I'll feel sorry for the pony car competition.

Flat Stanely

Yea, it's Stanley, I know
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
K.C.
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
I miss the solid axle. The hard core drag racers miss it.
Hardcore drag racers can add it back in. But plenty of people are running very impressive numbers with the IRS. And the average guy that takes it to the track to drag isn't missing a solid axle cuz they are way far off from putting down perfect launches with either axle. The fact of the matter is that most of people's experiences with these cars are on the road and the IRS greatly improves that experience.

Sponsored

arghx7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
50 years Ecoboost
4.0 liters is the way it's going because of displacement based taxes in non US markets. There's a reason why Audi uses 4.0 liters.

ghostnote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2015
displacement matters less when it's being force fed
It's not just that it matters less, it's that (barring turbo lag) actual displacement is entirely irrelevant. Turbos simply increase the effective displacement of the engine.

Reduxalicious

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT/CS
Would have love to taken you for a ride in my Tremor, Stock she got down but after a Tune and Meth Injection she REALLY got down, that 3.5 was more then enough for that body.
Sponsored