Sponsored

Rumormill: Next gen coyote will be twin turbo 4.0L.

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
I'd even be happy with a 4.0L NA Coyote. Better yet, a 4.0L Voodoo if they'd at least do it up right this time (with a conventional FPC V8 crankshaft of much shorter stroke).

Norm
Yes more Ferrari sounds less coyote sounds, 100% agree
Sponsored

fpvfan1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
van
Vehicle(s)
2002 mustang GT
I'd be okay with a 4.0L Ecoboost Coyote V8, right above a decent 3.5L Ecoboost V6 and 3.0L V6
To add a little bit to what I said above, a 4.0L Twin Turbo FPC V8 makes alot of sense considering Merger with VW. I can actually see Ford dropping in a 500+hp twin turbo Ecoboost V8 with a new Hybrid DCT and hybrid electric AWD system once it reveals the Mustang family of vehicles, a lineup of which I think (and hope) will include some impressive vehicles that will in ways stay in line with the Mustang history blending a bit of the 71-73 Mustang with the increased size and a bit of the SN95 Mustang in overall shape and styling but also include cues from the Mach E. I also think (and hope) that this S650 Mustang includes a BMW 8-Series Gran Coupe style 4-door coupe variant with the twin turbo 4.0L Hybrid AWD V8 along with an 8-series sized coupe, a gasoline powered crossover, a shooting brake and even a mini-truck. I also believe that these vehicles will see a 3.0L Ecoboost V6 Hybrid below this and possibly a larger, supercharged V8, possibly a 5.0L FPC Twin Turbo V8 above the 4.0L TT GT range of these vehicles with the return of the Cobra Moniker to battle the 5.5L FPC V8 that Chevrolet is comming out with for the Vette (which, i strongly feel like is going to do the exact same thing Ford is about to do with the upcoming Mustang Family now that the Camaro is about to die). The reason I say this is simple. Ford is going after global status and also Ford is going after the European performance vehicles and honestly V8 power isn't quite as dead as people think it is. Even with electricity coming, gas performance vehicles are still a thing and vehicles such as AMG, Audi, Porsche, and BMW are showing that the performance car is not dead and the performance crossover scene is very much alive. As it has been reported, the V8 mustang isn't going anywhere anytime soon and although Ford is still chasing Europe, it has competition at home with the Charger and Challenger. Not to mention the return of sub-compact/car based pickups. Ford has already said it plans the Mustang family to encompass the on-road performance family of vehicles like what the Falcon did for Australia and they've already broken the barrier of what a Mustang is with the Mach E (although to me that's not a Mustang yet). I honestly think that if Ford can actually pull off a Mustang family that look as good as the BMW 8-series convertible, coupe and gran-coupe and a gas-hybrid Mustang crossover that can be just as much Mustang as the Aston Martin DBX is a Vantage crossover or the Maserati Levante is a Gran Turismo crossover, then Ford may have something going for it.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
To add a little bit to what I said above, a 4.0L Twin Turbo FPC V8 makes alot of sense considering Merger with VW. I can actually see Ford dropping in a 500+hp twin turbo Ecoboost V8 with a new Hybrid DCT and hybrid electric AWD system once it reveals the Mustang family of vehicles, a lineup of which I think (and hope) will include some impressive vehicles that will in ways stay in line with the Mustang history blending a bit of the 71-73 Mustang with the increased size and a bit of the SN95 Mustang in overall shape and styling but also include cues from the Mach E. I also think (and hope) that this S650 Mustang includes a BMW 8-Series Gran Coupe style 4-door coupe variant with the twin turbo 4.0L Hybrid AWD V8 along with an 8-series sized coupe, a gasoline powered crossover, a shooting brake and even a mini-truck. I also believe that these vehicles will see a 3.0L Ecoboost V6 Hybrid below this and possibly a larger, supercharged V8, possibly a 5.0L FPC Twin Turbo V8 above the 4.0L TT GT range of these vehicles with the return of the Cobra Moniker to battle the 5.5L FPC V8 that Chevrolet is comming out with for the Vette (which, i strongly feel like is going to do the exact same thing Ford is about to do with the upcoming Mustang Family now that the Camaro is about to die). The reason I say this is simple. Ford is going after global status and also Ford is going after the European performance vehicles and honestly V8 power isn't quite as dead as people think it is. Even with electricity coming, gas performance vehicles are still a thing and vehicles such as AMG, Audi, Porsche, and BMW are showing that the performance car is not dead and the performance crossover scene is very much alive. As it has been reported, the V8 mustang isn't going anywhere anytime soon and although Ford is still chasing Europe, it has competition at home with the Charger and Challenger. Not to mention the return of sub-compact/car based pickups. Ford has already said it plans the Mustang family to encompass the on-road performance family of vehicles like what the Falcon did for Australia and they've already broken the barrier of what a Mustang is with the Mach E (although to me that's not a Mustang yet). I honestly think that if Ford can actually pull off a Mustang family that look as good as the BMW 8-series convertible, coupe and gran-coupe and a gas-hybrid Mustang crossover that can be just as much Mustang as the Aston Martin DBX is a Vantage crossover or the Maserati Levante is a Gran Turismo crossover, then Ford may have something going for it.
This is all laughable. Ford of America has absolutely 0 interest in Europe. And please name the last V8 engined car sold in Europe, other than in tiny numbers. Was it the Mustang starting a few years back? Right when European countries started banning ICEs?

Ford is moving towards hybrids/EVs here in the US. But for some reason you think Ford is going to merge with VAG, and start selling lots of V8 engined vehicles in Europe.

And please do expound on Ford's merger with VAG.

Where do you get your information from?

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
If Ford is going to borrow an engine from VW, the only one to choose is the 5.0 liter V10 naturally aspirated engine that makes around 600 HP.
Sponsored