RUBY RED S550 MUSTANG Thread

BeauxXL1200

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ralph
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP Ruby Red
To people who have had ruby red for a while. Does it get dirty extremely quick? Do you worry about not being able to match paint if it ever gets scratched? And do the people who have redline and ruby red still like their choice?
No worries about dirt or matching the paint. I have a thread about my Ruby getting backed into in a parking lot. I found a great body shop and they matched the paint perfectly.
Sponsored

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
To people who have had ruby red for a while. Does it get dirty extremely quick? Do you worry about not being able to match paint if it ever gets scratched? And do the people who have redline and ruby red still like their choice?
I do still like my choice but would say it does show dirt very easily since it's a darker color - any rain (and mine is always waxed) and there are spots everywhere. Best color for dirt is silver.

RMA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby GT 5.0 Premium Fastback
Yours looks just like mine, looks great !

Sponsored

Deadmau5

Procharger p1 stage 2
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15gt
here's my beautiful doll

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

cyberbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT On Order
Hi Guys,

How is RR as far as seeing swirls in the clear coat? I was thinking it would be better then DIB but not as good as silver of course.

Pnasty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Ruby
I know its been mentioned but I'm not sure if their was a solution. Is there any product out their to color match calipers for ruby red? Im thinking I might just go black but ruby would be pretty cool as well

Deadmau5

Procharger p1 stage 2
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15gt
G2 caliper paint does color match for the brembos I think yellow would look good on Ruby red for some reason

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Sponsored

MostlyHarmless

Middle Aged Punk
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Within 10 mph of the limit...mostly.
Hi Guys,

How is RR as far as seeing swirls in the clear coat? I was thinking it would be better then DIB but not as good as silver of course.
It's a deep reflective color, so I'd imagine swirls would be easy to see, but not as obvious as on a black car. Having said that, I would recommend having your car coated with something like Bullet Proof. A good coating, applied after professional paint correction, followed up by good washing techniques, will prevent swirl marks.

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Since you're receiving a new car you shouldn't have to do any paint correction unless somebody screwed up and scratched the clear or there is overspray. I got lucky and didn't need any corrections prior to the Opti Coat.

But if you want the most protection, especially for a darker color like DIB I'd recommend you look up a local coating installer. I went with Opti-Coat + but there are others.

GTU4EAH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP Ruby Red
Trying to decide on my options. Anybody have some pics of their Ruby Red GT with the Black Accent Package? Thanks...

Pnasty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Ruby
ill take some more pics tomorrow. now has 5% on all windows, 50% on windshield and it really compliments the black. also having the lip and side moulding smoothed and painted to match
Sponsored