Sponsored

Ruby red color match MMD quarter window louvers

JohnBoyNC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Got mine installed the other day and when in a bright sunlight I notice a slight diiference. They look almost a little on the orangish side of the color.

I just order the rear spoiler and now I'm concerned it also may not match.

Anyone else have these and can see a color variation?

Should I contact American Muscle?
Sponsored

AMAlexLazarus

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.americanmuscle.com
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
'14 F150 EcoBoost/'08 Bullitt
Got mine installed the other day and when in a bright sunlight I notice a slight diiference. They look almost a little on the orangish side of the color.

I just order the rear spoiler and now I'm concerned it also may not match.

Anyone else have these and can see a color variation?

Should I contact American Muscle?
[MENTION=25172]JohnBoyNC[/MENTION] - Sorry to hear about the trouble here. Can you shoot me a PM with some pictures of both so I can get a closer look?

We're more than happy to have them replaced or sent back for a refund and if need be I'm happy to pull and inspect your replacement and hold them up to a co-workers ruby GT here for ya.

Just let me know I can help!

Alex

OP
OP
JohnBoyNC

JohnBoyNC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Thanks....I'll try and take some at lunch. Not sure if it will show or not as the camera on my phone isn't the best. If it helps, my order # was 8390578

AMAlexLazarus

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.americanmuscle.com
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
Thanks....I'll try and take some at lunch. Not sure if it will show or not as the camera on my phone isn't the best. If it helps, my order # was 8390578

Thank you much sir. I'll get this noted on the order and I'll keep an eye out for the pictures and we'll go from there.

Alex

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Ruby Red is a very hard color to match unfortunately. I have the MMD v-series side scoops and they are a little off. I had my CDC spoiler painted at the Ford dealership and they had my car right there to match it...and it's not perfect. It's very good, but not exact. The only way to get a true match is to paint your car and all the pieces with the same bottle of Ruby Red.

AM will take care of you though!

Sponsored

NoReins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Work in Progress
Ruby Red is a very hard color to match unfortunately.
Have to kinda agree with that. I know some other companies like JLT developed their own color to "better" match Ruby Red when they do pre-painted parts. Gotta Have it Green and Red Candy is like that too

OP
OP
JohnBoyNC

JohnBoyNC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Ruby Red is a very hard color to match unfortunately. I have the MMD v-series side scoops and they are a little off. I had my CDC spoiler painted at the Ford dealership and they had my car right there to match it...and it's not perfect. It's very good, but not exact. The only way to get a true match is to paint your car and all the pieces with the same bottle of Ruby Red.

AM will take care of you though!
Yeah, I have heard the same. Maybe I'm just being a little anal. OCD is a *itch sometimes. :frusty:

AMAlexLazarus

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.americanmuscle.com
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, I have heard the same. Maybe I'm just being a little anal. OCD is a *itch sometimes. :frusty:
[MENTION=25172]JohnBoyNC[/MENTION] - We're some of the most OCD over-analytical people in the world here; If we wouldn't install it on our own Mustang there's no way in hell that we'd expect anyone else to do so.

I'll keep an eye out!

TheDivaDanielle

Living the Dream
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danielle
Vehicle(s)
2016 GTPP Vert / 2016 Focus RS
it's a terribly hard color to match. I self-converted my car basically to a Roush RS2, and the hood scoop and side scoops are a perfect match, but the front bumper when the light hits right seems a little orange-ish in the metallic coat. Then i step a foot to the right and can't even tell a difference.

OP
OP
JohnBoyNC

JohnBoyNC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
it's a terribly hard color to match. I self-converted my car basically to a Roush RS2, and the hood scoop and side scoops are a perfect match, but the front bumper when the light hits right seems a little orange-ish in the metallic coat. Then i step a foot to the right and can't even tell a difference.
That's the exact same thing that I am seeing. In certain lights, especially dimmer, it looks fine, but in some brighter lights or the natural sunlight and even at certain angles in looks orange-ish. I'll learn to live with it along with a few rock chips, a little curb rash and the other imperfections.

Me = :crazy:

Last edited:

Sponsored

AMAlexLazarus

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.americanmuscle.com
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
Replied to your PM sir - Keep me in the loop and post up some pictures of you can so we can all get a look!

Alex

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Any pics of the RR louvers installed??

Martman GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marty
Vehicle(s)
2015 TY GT Premium
This can also be caused due to the different materials being painted. There are a number of factory painted vehicles where the front and rear bumper covers don't look the same color as the hood and fenders due to the way the materials reflect light. You have this same effect going on seeing the metal roof and side panels vs the plastic material the louvers is made of.

OP
OP
JohnBoyNC

JohnBoyNC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP

Warhead

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Since the greyish tone comes from a tinted clearcoat, it makes me wonder if that's the part nobody is getting quite right on Ruby Red?

Such a stunning color in person, almost made me change my mind from deep impact blue.
Sponsored