Sponsored

RTX GT350R-Style Apache Wheel

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Those look a lot like rebranded SVE R350 wheels to me. The SVEs are fine, lots of people running them.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
There seems to be some ambiguity whether or not the RTX/Apache is roto-formed vs the +$100 more expensive wheels from SVE.

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
There seems to be some ambiguity whether or not the RTX/Apache is roto-formed vs the +$100 more expensive wheels from SVE.
If they don’t mention or advertise the construction, then they are probably cheap cast.

Sponsored

OP
OP
phresh

phresh

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT California Special
If they don’t mention or advertise the construction, then they are probably cheap cast.
RTX constructs this GT350R-Style Apache wheel (082246) from aluminum that's finished in a satin black powder-coat that will hold up in any conditions and keep your wheel looking great. The wheel is manufactured using a process called "flow forming," in which the factory takes an initial sold cast of the wheel and then stretch it over a mold by spinning the cast and applying heat simultaneously. This process produces a stronger and lighter wheel than casting.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
yes, I can read store's description too. I'm not suggesting CJ is playing fast and loose with the truth but errors in product listings are extremely common. Please note the clear difference in language from the MANUFACTURER.

https://www.rtxwheels.com/en/rtxoe/
"These wheels are produced using low pressure casting"
vs
https://www.rtxwheels.com/en/rspec/
"These wheels are produced using low pressure casting or Flowform technology"

guess which category the Apache belongs to?
https://www.rtxwheels.com/en/wheels/rtxwheels-apache-matte-gunmetal?cid=1398,1399

That's why I said there seems to be some confusion on the matter. Given the MSRP price point they really *should* be Flow-form. But the manufacturer would appear to claim otherwise. Low pressure casting is better than gravity casting so it's not all bad news.

OP
OP
phresh

phresh

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
yes, I can read store's description too. I'm not suggesting CJ is playing fast and loose with the truth but errors in product listings are extremely common. Please note the clear difference in language from the MANUFACTURER.

https://www.rtxwheels.com/en/rtxoe/
"These wheels are produced using low pressure casting"
vs
https://www.rtxwheels.com/en/rspec/
"These wheels are produced using low pressure casting or Flowform technology"

guess which category the Apache belongs to?
https://www.rtxwheels.com/en/wheels/rtxwheels-apache-matte-gunmetal?cid=1398,1399

That's why I said there seems to be some confusion on the matter. Given the MSRP price point they really *should* be Flow-form. But the manufacturer would appear to claim otherwise. Low pressure casting is better than gravity casting so it's not all bad news.
alright thanks for the information appreciate it

Grintch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Different offset, a bit heavier, no 11" option compared to SVE. So probably not rebranded. But no won't fit on the front BS, so looks like a good budget option.

OP
OP
phresh

phresh

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Different offset, a bit heavier, no 11" option compared to SVE. So probably not rebranded. But no won't fit on the front BS, so looks like a good budget option.
do you think these will rub on in the fronts on 255 tires when turning? cjponys saying they might rub idk stock springs at the moment

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
do you think these will rub on in the fronts on 255 tires
255 on a 10" rim? I wouldn't. You're saving a lot of money vs the SVE offering so I would use some of the savings to get some 3mm and 5mm spacers and test fit the naked rim while up on a lift and see what you're dealing with. And buy yourself some 275's.

OP
OP
phresh

phresh

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
255 on a 10" rim? I wouldn't. You're saving a lot of money vs the SVE offering so I would use some of the savings to get some 3mm and 5mm spacers and test fit the naked rim while up on a lift and see what you're dealing with. And buy yourself some 275's.
yeah i was going to do 255’s up front and 275’s in the rear just worried about the fronts rubbing when turning

Grintch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
I have two sets of 10" fronts with +40 offset. One with 275's has no issues. One with (bigger than average?) 285 rubs in droop. Small spacer corrects it. A small spacer also looks a bit better, because at the same offset the rear wheels stick out a bit more than the front.

I wouldn't stagger the tires with square wheels. Just run 275 or 285 all around. Handles better and rotating the tires front to back extends tire life.

OP
OP
phresh

phresh

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
I have two sets of 10" fronts with +40 offset. One with 275's has no issues. One with (bigger than average?) 285 rubs in droop. Small spacer corrects it. A small spacer also looks a bit better, because at the same offset the rear wheels stick out a bit more than the front.

I wouldn't stagger the tires with square wheels. Just run 275 or 285 all around. Handles better and rotating the tires front to back extends tire life.
Thanks!
Sponsored