Roush S/C Dyno Jet # s

TexasGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
Will be interested in knowing if you are forced to get new injectors as well. The Roush kit comes with 48LB injectors and a BAP. Many have said that going with the Lund/Palm Beach requires better injectors.

If yours works well, I may bite the bullet down the road. The costs just add up very quickly though! OPG's, CG, AIT adapter, Ngauge, custom tune, injectors.

You may be looking at $3500 for the above, to get 50-70HP more.....
Sponsored

OP
OP
Dogo

Dogo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Roger
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Will be interested in knowing if you are forced to get new injectors as well. The Roush kit comes with 48LB injectors and a BAP. Many have said that going with the Lund/Palm Beach requires better injectors.

If yours works well, I may bite the bullet down the road. The costs just add up very quickly though! OPG's, CG, AIT adapter, Ngauge, custom tune, injectors.

You may be looking at $3500 for the above, to get 50-70HP more.....
We'll see what the feed back will be on this. 48 Lb should be good for a little over 600 hp. I should of went turbo like my Grand National had. That I under stood more than this.

crs2879

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
We'll see what the feed back will be on this. 48 Lb should be good for a little over 600 hp. I should of went turbo like my Grand National had. That I under stood more than this.
I don't think variance in numbers after an SC install is uncommon. Paul's shop said my car was the highest HP Phase 1 S550 they had done/dyno'd....but maybe they say that to everyone......;)

davidryan1987

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang gt Supercharged
Been Thru The Same Thing As The Op. Well Still Actually Going Thru It Even With A Custom Tune Bigger Injectors Bigger Throttle Body Long Tubes. Car Still Has Only Made 580 Hp 560 Torque On Mustang Dyno. 80MM Pulley.

TexasGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
I bet you will be over 650 to the wheels after your Lund tune..........

That's the concern with the injectors.

Sponsored

TexasGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
Been Thru The Same Thing As The Op. Well Still Actually Going Thru It Even With A Custom Tune Bigger Injectors Bigger Throttle Body Long Tubes. Car Still Has Only Made 580 Hp 560 Torque On Mustang Dyno. 80MM Pulley.
Are you by chance going to the Texas Mile event in October? If so, maybe we can go out and do a roll on and see what happens? By then, I will do another dyno run on the dynojet and see what the numbers are.

davidryan1987

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
No sir I do not have any plans on going to the event. Let us know what your numbers are.

Whipple SC

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0
Well Lebanon Ford confirmed its a 80 mm pulley. Confused as why same cars w/same S/C ,tuned at the same place come up w/different #s. Are they like women, sort of.At the dyno the tech shut it down as soon as he got to the red line. Said she was still pulling. Didn't want to take a chance on blowing it I guess. N - gauge w/Lund tune here I come.:cheers:
Roush tune normally flat lines around 6800 although rpm limit is 7500. They are usually near max limit on fuel injectors above 6800.

This is what Roush offers and very little help after. People get fooled by the name.... Good news is, Lund will blow you away with how much better the cal and power curve is, truly night and day.

crs2879

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I assume the Lund tune would void the Roush warranty??

Last edited:

davidryan1987

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Yes The Warranty Will Be Voided

Sponsored

SpeedLu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Premium PP1 Mustang GT, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4
Roush tune normally flat lines around 6800 although rpm limit is 7500. They are usually near max limit on fuel injectors above 6800.

This is what Roush offers and very little help after. People get fooled by the name.... Good news is, Lund will blow you away with how much better the cal and power curve is, truly night and day.
*eye roll*

SpeedLu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Premium PP1 Mustang GT, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4
"Truth hurts"
Truth is one thing, constantly finding ways to badmouth your competition, no matter how subtle, is another. Call it "truth" all you want, I know you don't care. :thumbsup:

Whipple SC

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0
Truth is one thing, constantly finding ways to badmouth your competition, no matter how subtle, is another. Call it "truth" all you want, I know you don't care. :thumbsup:
Interesting, so letting people know what they have is common and most of the issues stem from the cal issues is bad mouthing?

Keep in mind this is the same customer that had to wait for the new latest greatest calibration and couldn't get his car. He's 80+hp down.

The advice from many is contact PBD or Lund and he'll get the expected power with significantly drivability, I 100% concur with this.

Just trying to help a fellow S550 owner.

Terminator2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
He's not telling him to sell his TVS and buy a Whipple he's telling him to get a better tune so it makes better power. :shrug:
Sponsored