Sponsored

Roush Phase 2

Kellys69z

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt premium, Dodge 2500 Cummings, 69 Camaro
I have installed a Craftsman leaf blower. Getting about 650 whp now. Problem is I can't go any farther than my 100 foot electric cord, but that's okay. Keeps me from getting tickets.
I actually went with a toro 2 stroke one. I raised the exhaust port about .03, pipe, and converted it to e85. It's pushing 3lbs now. I think I'm around 850 now. The only thing is it's hard to find 2 stroke oil while I'm out and about.
Sponsored

Doctor Fishtail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
[ame] VMP/Roush Roots style blower!! Posted this just to bring the Whipple boys back to reality. :D

evo8904

I'm a member???
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luther
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ram 4x4
VMP/Roush Roots style blower!! Posted this just to bring the Whipple boys back to reality. :D
That is a lot different than your Roush with roush tune. Not a apples to apples comparison at all.

Sponsored

Guard5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rapid Red GT500 CFTP
So looking to S/C my s550 base model - leaning towards the Roush Phase 2 with 727 hp. Anyone heard any info on this or does anyone have one installed. Looking for someone in the Austin area to do the install or may do it myself (just depends on time) - any suggestions?
Brenspeed in Indiana did the phase 2 and I think their getting around 630rw with full Kooks exhaust. They're doing mine Friday. I have reports from 2 people I trust who are much happier with the driveability of the phase 2. Any of these kits will make good power. Both Whipple and Roush have an in with Ford. That being said, if you decide to really up the ante I'd bypass both and go TT or Kenne Bell and let someone like Livernois or Brenspeed put together a nice solid short block for me.

Guard5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rapid Red GT500 CFTP
He's still kinda right tho. Every time there is a Roush thread, it is rather quickly turned into a Whipple thread. I still read them, and entertain myself, and also gain knowledge from it at times.. But the man still speaks truths lol I apparently need to work on my fanboy status. I am bringing weak sauce to the table lol
Amen, and yes your responses are very unbiased. Some others not so much. This truly has the potential to go full circle when there are more TT and 3.6 and 4.2 KB people showing up to snicker at the poor plebes who choose Roush or Whipple.

Sponsored

MikeD1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Challenger Hellcat
It's not about being a fanboy, it's about getting the most for your money. Whipple's tune/calibration is the best out there. I've seen logs of Whipple's tune, Lund's tune with Whipple and Roush SCs. I won't post those individual logs because I don't want people to get upset about trade secrets or anything. But, what I will say is that looking at the logs, Whipple breaths better and the tune if dialed in better than any that I have seen. I wish that I had the Whipple tune, I would make more power and have more control.
My point is, the OP DID NOT ask about Whipple (or any other competing S/C's) or to compare it/them to the Roush, he specifically asked if anyone had more info on the Roush Phase 2 or had installed it & for assistance finding an authorized installer.

See his post below ...........

So looking to S/C my s550 base model - leaning towards the Roush Phase 2 with 727 hp. Anyone heard any info on this or does anyone have one installed. Looking for someone in the Austin area to do the install or may do it myself (just depends on time) - any suggestions?
If he had asked for opinions on competing products, then I can see (well, sort of) all the fanboy responses, but that is not the case here. Telling him XYZ brand is better for whatever reason did not answer his question at all - just my $.02 ...........

And for the record, getting the "most for your $$" is not a set thing. If you're chasing the absolute most HP/$ spent then there are units that are a 'better buy' than others. But not everyone is driven by just that criteria. I researched everything that was available (I had plenty of time on my hands) before I made my decision, which in my view was the "most for my $$".

Doctor Fishtail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
My point is, the OP DID NOT ask about Whipple (or any other competing S/C's) or to compare it/them to the Roush, he specifically asked if anyone had more info on the Roush Phase 2 or had installed it & for assistance finding an authorized installer.

If he had asked for opinions on competing products, then I can see (well, sort of) all the fanboy responses, but that is not the case here. Telling him XYZ brand is better for whatever reason did not answer his question at all - just my $.02 ...........

And for the record, getting the "most for your $$" is not a set thing. If you're chasing the absolute most HP/$ spent then there are units that are a 'better buy' than others. But not everyone is driven by just that criteria. I researched everything that was available (I had plenty of time on my hands) before I made my decision, which in my view was the "most for my $$".
MikeD, I was going to post this also. But then feelings get hurt. I have been in this forum for a month and your post is on the money. Gets irritating but at the end of the day I sleep well. Must be a younger crowd that just can't let a thread go buy without posting their .02 if we want it or not. :tsk:

evo8904

I'm a member???
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luther
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ram 4x4

Use some reading comprehension and look at my first post. Then realize that things spiral and get off topic. The better tuning is with Whipple hands down.

However, I see that you are pretty close to where I live and you have a Roush. I have a whipple... Let see who has better trap speeds.

evo8904

I'm a member???
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luther
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ram 4x4
Also reference post 9. OP most likely didn't know about Whipple's flight control until I brought it up.

Doctor Fishtail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Use some reading comprehension and look at my first post. Then realize that things spiral and get off topic. The better tuning is with Whipple hands down.

However, I see that you are pretty close to where I live and you have a Roush. I have a whipple... Let see who has better trap speeds.
If I may, MikeD is pointing out the obvious that the OP is asking about ROUSH and only ROUSH. I think you are missing his point that every thread of ROUSH S/C threads always end up with Whipple guys blasting the thread. You would be one of those guys. I have been doing a lot of reading of old threads and that is my .02 :thumbsup:
Sponsored