Roush Help

buRNout

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chance
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 5.0, Oxford White, saddle
Ok, so many of you guys know the story of my order being crushed or whatever they do when something doesn't pass QC. I have been driving all around looking at cars with the intention of just buying something off the lot. Problem is, I can't find anything remotely close. My only deal breakers are black interior and blue or black paint. The cars I did find that would work had other problems. Like dealer wanting MSRP + $2k or wanting to keep the car for a month, or not wanting to sell it at all.

In the middle of all this, my friend asks me to help him sell his car. It's a 2013 Roush Stage 3, 11k miles, mint condition, automatic like I need for my knees, it's silver with the black/orange graphics package, 565hp I believe and 505 tq. He wants $38k, pretty much exactly what I was going to pay for the s550. What do you guys think? It seems like a great deal, I know the car well, he is the only owner and it has been babied. There are just so many tradeoffs. What would you guys do?
Sponsored

OVRKILL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Built '91 Land Cruiser, '15 EB PP MT
I'd help my buddy and get an s550 later when the aftermarket is gigantic and the kinks are worked out.

Heresy, I know.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
That's a tough call............but I'd be tempted to do that, too. Enjoy the Roush for a year or so and trade in for a '16/'17 :)

Oh, and photos of the Roush, please!

tribaltek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 STi
Unless you are dead set on the S550, go with the Roush. That is a solid price and it sounds like it is set up exactly how you want it.

Only think I don't like about the Stage 3 is the boost gauge placement, but that is a simple fix.

OP
OP
buRNout

buRNout

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chance
Vehicle(s)
Sorry guys, I don't have any pictures of it but it it is silver with the black and orange graphics and lots of orange accents inside and out. It's got the chrome roush wheels which I am not crazy about but I figure there should be someone out there with a black set they hate. My biggest question at the moment is this: how fast is this thing? I am seeing lots of conflicting info on stats but if what I see is correct, it's no quicker than a stock 5.0? How could that be with 575 HP and supposedly an excellent suspension that is able to put all that power to the ground? I know roush added some weight but good Lord, enough to offset a 155 HP gain and over 100 tq gain?

Sponsored

OP
OP
buRNout

buRNout

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chance
Vehicle(s)
Oh and sorry for deserting the thread. It didn't get any replies for a while and I just forgot about it. Thanks guys for your input. I appreciate any help because I am really struggling with this one. More than I thought I would. At first I was not even interested, not at all. But the more I think about it, the more I am leaning towards the roush. It's definitely more unique and even though it is the old body style, it's a really good looking car. I was really looking forward to the IRS on the s550 so that is another trade off and I imagine this car will ride like a 3 legged donkey on a cattle gap (rough). Sticker price was like $64,000 so the $38,000 he is asking is really low, or at least it seems.

tribaltek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 STi
I am seeing lots of conflicting info on stats but if what I see is correct, it's no quicker than a stock 5.0?
Haven't seen this anywhere. I've mainly seen praise for the Roush Stage 2 & 3.

And don't forget, you're just a pulley and tune away from a bit more power if needed.

OP
OP
buRNout

buRNout

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chance
Vehicle(s)
Well guys, I really appreciate all the advice. I went to the bank Thursday and started the process of buying the Roush. Took it for a test drive, probably the most memorable test drive I will ever have. It's just a very well sorted car. I was impressed how it could be such a monster at WOT and then so docile at highway speeds. 2:00 am Friday morning, after going to check on a patient about 40 miles away, I happened to pass by the Ford dealership. Sitting right out front was a 2015 GT in white. I decided to test drive it before I took delivery of the roush just to make sure I made the right choice. So my wife and I went yesterday morning and took it for a spin. Holy crap. This thing is good. It's beyond good. At the risk of sounding like a teenage girl, it's epic. Doesn't have the same power of the roush obviously, but the refinement is unbelievable. It is much quicker than I expected and it does it in an effortless, no fuss manner. Never feels upset with irregular pavement, never had all the vibration or rear end dancing around under hard acceleration. Combine that with the amazing fact that it is exactly what I would have ordered, exactly what I did order that never came. Needless to say, it's in my garage right now. I really thought I would have second thoughts about the roush. It's a heck of a car. But I just don't see it happening, this thing is that good. My dad drives a new Audi A8L, arguably one of the most refined cars on the market. He was shocked beyond words after driving the s550. We put 200 miles on it last night. Most all of it back and forth down a 15 mile stretch of curvy, winding rural road. I have been in the car world my whole life and have built, raced and driven some amazing vehicles. Last night was the most fun I have ever had.

OP
OP
buRNout

buRNout

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chance
Vehicle(s)
Here she is. Exactly every option I wanted, not a single one I didn't.
2015 Mustang GT Premium
400a, saddle leather, auto with paddles, 18" foundry wheels, enhanced security package, voice activated NAV and rear park assist.

Also, it was the smoothest car purchase I have ever had. No haggling on trade-in value, x-plan pricing for the mustang, literally in and out in 30 minutes including test drive. I have never even bought a gun that quickly or easily.
20141101_182555.jpg
20141101_182859.jpg

Sponsored

BONESTOCK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Lightning, 87 GT
Good, now get rid of that damn dealer sticker!

OP
OP
buRNout

buRNout

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chance
Vehicle(s)
Good, now get rid of that damn dealer sticker!
Haha, yeah I took that photo literally minutes after driving off the lot. I noticed it when I got home and peeled it off.
Sponsored