Roush Catbacks 2 months behind =(

Blue_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Blue
Vehicle(s)
2017 Electric Blue GT
I put an order in with CJPP on 3 Sep and yesterday late afternoon (8 Sep) got this in an email from them " Unfortunately, we were just informed that it is currently on backorder and is expected to be shipped in about 2 months.". I called Lethal this morning thinking maybe they has a set on hand (I'm a newb......) and nope, they just order from Roush too.
So, if you were planning to hang this exhaust on your new ride, think again......unless you are SUPER patient lol! The good news is business is YUGE for an American Company (as I moved on and bought a Canadian System.... MBRP).
Sponsored

LethalBlake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lethalperformance.com
First Name
Blake
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford F150
A lot of manufacturers/companies are feeling the pain of Covid. This has been happening for the last few months and not sure when we will see things go back to normal in the future. Everyone is doing their best to get back to running smoothly.

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase
Most of these companies drop ship from the manufacturer. They dont have stock on hand, they place an order from the actual maker of the part and just take a cut.
So generally, if it is on backorder, its on back from every vendor.

Polski

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marek
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP2 401A
Vehicle Showcase
I ordered mine from Lethal early May and I got it in June. I knew about it from the beginning but still waited, and I am not disappointed :D

Andrew@Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2003 10th Anniversary Cobra / 2003 Ford Lightning
I put an order in with CJPP on 3 Sep and yesterday late afternoon (8 Sep) got this in an email from them " Unfortunately, we were just informed that it is currently on backorder and is expected to be shipped in about 2 months.". I called Lethal this morning thinking maybe they has a set on hand (I'm a newb......) and nope, they just order from Roush too.
So, if you were planning to hang this exhaust on your new ride, think again......unless you are SUPER patient lol! The good news is business is YUGE for an American Company (as I moved on and bought a Canadian System.... MBRP).
Roush products have been on backorder due to Covid-19. Great exhaust but comes with a wait. I personally favor MBRP. I love the quality for the price. I recommend giving parts dealers like us a call to confirm availability on most items before placing an order just to clarify the items you need are in stock and ready to ship.

Sponsored

Dan243

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
I would have waited for the roush, mine is amazing. Best sounding and great quality. The wait would be worth it.

OP
OP
Blue_Stang

Blue_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Blue
Vehicle(s)
2017 Electric Blue GT
I ordered mine from Lethal early May and I got it in June. I knew about it from the beginning but still waited, and I am not disappointed :D
Glad for you. I really like the sound of the Roush, but from everything I've heard the MBRPs have a nice deep growl too. We shall see!

Polski

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marek
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP2 401A
Vehicle Showcase
Glad for you. I really like the sound of the Roush, but from everything I've heard the MBRPs have a nice deep growl too. We shall see!
You ain't wrong, MBRP has a deep sound. But sadly I had a MBRP Race Cat-back on my 2015 GT and the drone was unbelievable, you could not drive on the highway. Literally ears hurt. Changed to a Roush and was great, that's why I got the Roush for my 2019 GT as well. I was thinking about the low deep tone and my choice would be AWE Touring. They sound amazing and are produced 25 mins away from my house. So I hear a lot of them at car shows. I even drove with my buddy to check how it sounds at highway speeds and I must say, zero drone. Roush has a little but you can't notice it until you listen carefully.
I do not want to make you think twice about MBRP , this is just my experience.
But look into AWE Touring :D

Best,

sandman0023

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Magma Red 2018 F150 5.0L, Deep Impact Blue 2016 Mustang GT
Not sure if you looked, but American Muscle says they have them in stock. I ordered mine back in July from them. Every other place said it would be 4-8 weeks, American Muscle had them.

OP
OP
Blue_Stang

Blue_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Blue
Vehicle(s)
2017 Electric Blue GT
Didn't see anything on drone in researching MBRP? I don't drive a whole lot of highway, but a drone would totally suck! You have me a bit worried there.....off to YouTube I go!

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP
Blue_Stang

Blue_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Blue
Vehicle(s)
2017 Electric Blue GT
But sadly I had a MBRP Race Cat-back on my 2015 GT and the drone was unbelievable, you could not drive on the highway. Literally ears hurt.
I looked at several videos on the MBRP Streets amd there's no mention of drone on any of them. One even had responses to questions a few years after install and the original video posted.........and still no mention of drone. He even said he still loves them.
Pheewwwww good thing......they arrive tomorrow!

br_an

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bran
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350, 2020 Ford F150
I bought a Roush catback from Summit Racing a couple of weeks ago. They price-matched Levittown Ford Parts too which was pretty awesome since LFP had the best price around, but was back-ordered 6 weeks.

Super easy to install and sounds amazing. Very loud!

OP
OP
Blue_Stang

Blue_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Blue
Vehicle(s)
2017 Electric Blue GT
I bought a Roush catback from Summit Racing a couple of weeks ago. They price-matched Levittown Ford Parts too which was pretty awesome since LFP had the best price around, but was back-ordered 6 weeks.

Super easy to install and sounds amazing. Very loud!
How much did you save and why didn't you just buy from Levittown?

br_an

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bran
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350, 2020 Ford F150
How much did you save and why didn't you just buy from Levittown?
Levittown has it for $999 (and change), but was the part was/is on back-order. Summit had two in stock, listed at $1250, but they price matched Levittown so I got the great price and didn't have to wait 6 weeks to get it.

OP
OP
Blue_Stang

Blue_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Blue
Vehicle(s)
2017 Electric Blue GT
Levittown has it for $999 (and change), but was the part was/is on back-order. Summit had two in stock, listed at $1250, but they price matched Levittown so I got the great price and didn't have to wait 6 weeks to get it.
SWEET!
Sponsored