Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
You ain't wrong. This guy is looking for an audience
Nope. Just pointing out the fact you bought a race exhaust and complained about drone. You're turning it into something else. Have a t-rif day.

OP
OP
Blue_Stang

Blue_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Blue
Vehicle(s)
2017 Electric Blue GT
Just bolted up the MBRP Streets and..............they sound GREAT! Took it out on the highway at 70/80/85 no drone. I'm good with my choice except the tips are a bit too close to the rear valance and I fear it melting the edges near the tips.
I did this alone in my garage with the driver's side up on stands, but I'm getting too old for this, so Imma take it to a shop tomorrow, have them put it on a lift, loosen everything up and see if they can align it better.

jayman33

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
15 PP
We have a nice batch of Roush Axlebacks in stock ready to go!!

Sponsored

OP
OP
Blue_Stang

Blue_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Blue
Vehicle(s)
2017 Electric Blue GT
Back from the shop and all is good. We had it up on the lift and loosened the clamps and twisted and turned the new kit until the tail pipes were centered in the rear valance. I would have NEVER been able to do that alone with one side of the car up on stands in my garage like it was when I hung the system LOL!!! She looks marvy and sounds like a mustang now :turkey: YER!
**EDIT** The pipes settled in and they aren't centered any more. You can see the inside edge is only about a half inch away from the inner portion of the valance and the outer is a bit more. Not a game-changer and still doable, but not optimal for my liking (or someone with OCD LOL). Good news is there's no evidence of any heat damage to the valance after a few weeks of running like this, so I think there's adequate space between valance and the tips, but I'll definitely be keeping an eye on this though....
Exhaust Tip-Inside.jpg

Exhaust Tip-Outside.jpg

Last edited:

br_an

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bran
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350, 2020 Ford F150
Back from the shop and all is good. We had it up on the lift and loosened the clamps and twisted and turned the new kit until the tail pipes were centered in the rear valance. I would have NEVER been able to do that alone with one side of the car up on stands in my garage like it was when I hung the system LOL!!! She looks marvy and sounds like a mustang now :turkey: YER!
Glad to hear it worked out. By the way, I've found race ramps work quite well for this type of job

OP
OP
Blue_Stang

Blue_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Blue
Vehicle(s)
2017 Electric Blue GT
Glad to hear it worked out. By the way, I've found race ramps work quite well for this type of job
Good idea...wish I had some yesterday for sure! Off topic, but for the record, the colored chips you put into garage floor sealer coatings grind hair off your head =(

br_an

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bran
Vehicle(s)
Good idea...wish I had some yesterday for sure! Off topic, but for the record, the colored chips you put into garage floor sealer coatings grind hair off your head =(
That sounds painful

OP
OP
Blue_Stang

Blue_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Blue
Vehicle(s)
2017 Electric Blue GT

Sponsored

4leghorse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Anybody have luck in finding a roush catback for the 18+ w black tips? I saw summit has them but in chrome which I’m not a fan of

br_an

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bran
Vehicle(s)
Anybody have luck in finding a roush catback for the 18+ w black tips? I saw summit has them but in chrome which I’m not a fan of
I don't think I've seen black quad tips from Roush for the 18+. Maybe you could take the tips to be powder coated

4leghorse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
I don't think I've seen black quad tips from Roush for the 18+. Maybe you could take the tips to be powder coated
Yeah that’s probably the move my local exhaust shop said they could do it. They had black tips for it but I guess roush was hit hard by COVID and they haven’t been in stock anywhere

Dan243

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
When I bought mine last February they were exclusive to American muscle.

C58824B9-6C02-4ED8-92CD-44446A5F696D.jpeg