Sponsored

Rousch phase 2

ivantwilliams

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium with Performance Package
Vehicle Showcase
For those adding a Rousch kit of sorts, do you track your vehicle?
I have always wondered, 750hp is a lot of power to not track the car. Hence, my question.
Sponsored

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
Since you only drive 2k a year and most likely not on a track; don't really see a reason I would install it, if I was in your case; especially considering you keep your vehicles long term.

I've been bugging my dealer about what affect the Roush package would have on my 10 year warranty.he is saying he can't give me a waiver to warranty everything past the stock warranty if I put in the package.i only out 2k per year on the car so long term warranty is big deal for me.i had a vette that needed a new tranny while i had an extended warranty,and got it installed for free.only had 10 k miles,but 7 years old.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
Interesting question and I would be willing to say if you don't count the members on the forum, there are a lot of people that have the kits that don't track their cars. I once heard there is no such thing as too much horsepower. With that having been said, I do enjoy the fact that when I press the accelerator, that it will.....well accelerate at a good pace.

For those adding a Rousch kit of sorts, do you track your vehicle?
I have always wondered, 750hp is a lot of power to not track the car. Hence, my question.

GUSTOPP2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
I would do it if you are wanting it but as others have mentioned, that price is high. My Roush Ford dealership quoted me about 9500 or so. Might have been a little less. But I have considered it and there is always the option after a while to get it custom tuned for more!!

GzStang19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
C
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1, 96' SVT Cobra Vert.
I've got that Roush kit and it is awesome. There are Verts that have it also.
hows your driveability with this kit? has their heat soak issues been resolved and is the power band consistent even in lower RPM's? Thanks

Sponsored

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Driveability has been great, both on the Hwy and in town. I've driven it on a couple of 5 hour-long road trips and no issues. I'm in GA and drove it in 90-degree weather last week and didn't notice any heat issues. What do you consider low RPM's for power band? Around town, I don't really use 6th gear too much. On the highway it pulls ok in 6th, but I shift down for passing and steeper hills.

hows your driveability with this kit? has their heat soak issues been resolved and is the power band consistent even in lower RPM's? Thanks

GzStang19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
C
Vehicle(s)
Driveability has been great, both on the Hwy and in town. I've driven it on a couple of 5 hour-long road trips and no issues. I'm in GA and drove it in 90-degree weather last week and didn't notice any heat issues. What do you consider low RPM's for power band? Around town, I don't really use 6th gear too much. On the highway it pulls ok in 6th, but I shift down for passing and steeper hills.
gotcha and appreciate your insight. I have 19 GT with an auto 10R80 trans, pp1 and its sounds like are driving habits are the same. This is a street car for me no track, etc. As far as lower end RPM's power band wanted to know if you see an instant change when you step on it in the lower range 1500-2K. IM looking for more instant power when i want it but not too over the top like a whipple.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Gotcha. If I'm loafing around in 4th and need to move out quick but not too quick, It will pull just fine from the 2k range. Stomp it from 1500 rpms and up in 2nd or 3rd gear and it will be instant wheel spin city....so yep the power comes on fast. You have a great transmission in your A8 and it knows to drop as many gears as necessary to put you in that correct power band.

gotcha and appreciate your insight. I have 19 GT with an auto 10R80 trans, pp1 and its sounds like are driving habits are the same. This is a street car for me no track, etc. As far as lower end RPM's power band wanted to know if you see an instant change when you step on it in the lower range 1500-2K. IM looking for more instant power when i want it but not too over the top like a whipple.

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
Depeds on the calibration version. If you can hook it kicks like mule on my cal. The torque management is soft though if you have the nannies on which you will have to have on if you don't have a combo of sticky tires and warm pavement.

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
I have a Roush phase 2 on my 10A 2018. Drivability is fine. Smooth idle, no surging and no bad behavior at all.

There is a significant difference between light throttle no boost driving and heavy throttle where you are getting boost. It actually feels pretty soft in the first part of the throttle....maybe softer than stock. You wouldn't know it was supercharged at all. Punch it, however, and you have instant boost....and instant torque. It will not disappoint you when you get on it.

I do not particularly like the shifts but Roush is working on a new calibration to address that. It is fine for daily driving but the shifts are not as firm as I would expect....especially in drag mode.

Heat is a non-issue unless you live in a hot climate and do wide open throttle pulls back to back.

Sponsored

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
Basically you have to pick your poison. The newer cal, like mine, has perfect smooth shifts but won't automatically shift into 7th at around 123mph on a wot pull. Or the guys like bruce above who has poor shifts 1-4, fuel pumps codes but has no issues with shifting in the higher gears. Roush is working on a newer cal that fixes everything, hopefully. But that's with any new tune. Even custom tunes will require some data logging.

GzStang19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
C
Vehicle(s)
Gotcha. If I'm loafing around in 4th and need to move out quick but not too quick, It will pull just fine from the 2k range. Stomp it from 1500 rpms and up in 2nd or 3rd gear and it will be instant wheel spin city....so yep the power comes on fast. You have a great transmission in your A8 and it knows to drop as many gears as necessary to put you in that correct power band.
THanks again for the feedback , be safe!
Sponsored