Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
I have read a number of posts about the Rousch/Ford supercharger:
1. A ford dealer can install it.
2. It doesn't void your warranty
3. It is designed for a stock 2018 5.0 engine
4. It has it's own 3/36 warranty.
5. It produces 700 hp and over 600 fpt.

I am wondering how much of this is true and how much else is needed. I don't really want 700 hp, but 550 would be nice.
I have a 2018 GT convertible with the A10 transmission.
Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
I have read a number of posts about the Rousch/Ford supercharger:
1. A ford dealer can install it.
2. It doesn't void your warranty
3. It is designed for a stock 2018 5.0 engine
4. It has it's own 3/36 warranty.
5. It produces 700 hp and over 600 fpt.

I am wondering how much of this is true and how much else is needed. I don't really want 700 hp, but 550 would be nice.
I have a 2018 GT convertible with the A10 transmission.
It’s all true. That kit makes about 600-625ish to the wheels.

sigintel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Get a Whipple w a 3.8-4.0 pulley or 2650 Edelbrock w +1 size larger (lower boost) pulley and self install?
You dont need a warranty running 600-625 rwhp.
Those options both come w CARB tunes ready to go.

You can go Roush/Ford as well (also an Eaton TVS 2650 rotor assembly like Edlebrock). Everything they market is accurate.

I ran a Whipple on a 2015 on road courses and it was hella reliable.

The Edelbrock for a 2018-19 might have the best out of the box base tune currently to avoid cost of custom tune.

Whatever quote you get on SC and install local, get that locked down and then call Terry@beefcake and schedule with him. You cant beat him for dollar/value/experience and ability to determine and hit a persons goals for reliability and risk.

OP
OP
Balr14

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
So it doesn't cause heat buildup problems, or twist axles or anything like that? I'm not going to drag race. Just want a little extra to impress friends getting on the freeway and have something to show at car meets!

Sponsored

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
So it doesn't cause heat buildup problems, or twist axles or anything like that? I'm not going to drag race. Just want a little extra to impress friends getting on the freeway and have something to show at car meets!
Just got it installed. Only needs a ASE tech to install for the warranty. You’ll definitely impress getting on the highway. I’m actually surprised to be honest. Combined with the A10 it’s a rocket ship. I did some runs with it and was still able to touch and hold my hands on the top of the SC but it isn’t 100 here in Michigan. The Roush tune doesn’t help as much as I thought down low but overall I love it. Get an aftermarket exhaust and xpipe\hpipe if you don’t already. Or headers. Contrary to everything I’ve heard the SC produces a very loud screaming sound (obviously like high pressured wind) at high RPMs. I can hear it over my exhaust it’s so loud.

shravanj

Threads
Reaction score
Website
shravanj.com
First Name
Shravan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I've had it for a little over a year, solid so far. The initial ROUSH tune wasn't very good but the latest revision was a major improvement. Like jmtoast mentioned, when paired with the A10 it's pretty damn fast. Small note, but be ready to have more frequent oil changes as well as a heavier oil weight as ROUSH recommends a full synthetic 5W-50 oil change every 6 months or 5000 miles with this kit installed. Fortunately, Motorcraft makes some nice full synthetic 5W-50 that cost me around $120 for 10 quarts during my last oil change at a Ford dealer.

OP
OP
Balr14

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
I never go more than 3000 miles between oil changes and they are over $300 for a Porsche. I am very happy with the sound of the stock exhaust, so I would not want to change if it isn't necessary. I'm concerned about losing a little horsepower.

TehEno

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harry
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT - Tickford Supercharge Pack - Orange Fury
Vehicle Showcase
I've had mine for about 2 months. The latest Roush tune is a must, so make sure you get that. I did some other upgrades for more HP, cost a little more (5k extra) but I also kept the warranty. Sitting at 807HP / 930NM.
Sponsored