Rotorpros Drilled/slotted Rotors

emh87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black Mustang GT Premium 6MT
Do you have any pics of them on the car?
Sponsored

bruinfan17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 Magnetic GT
Delivered tonight. Hope to have them on sometime next week. Will post some pics

bruinfan17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 Magnetic GT
Here are a few pics
20150711_133919.jpg

OP
OP
aggieStang

aggieStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, 1965 Mustang Coupe
I know these are long overdue but i got the wife to stop the car long enough to take these.
06f52651dcaa5ae3be9807ea021f0b72.jpg

5386568807b9303ea78151bd1945b45c.jpg

A few hundred miles on them and still no noise.

Sponsored

cj1122

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost Performance pack
They look nice, i remember you saying they were $400? Is that for all 4 rotors or just front/back sets?

OP
OP
aggieStang

aggieStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They look nice, i remember you saying they were $400? Is that for all 4 rotors or just front/back sets?
Its was $400 for all 4

OP
OP
aggieStang

aggieStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You know you just removed braking surface now right? Why did you get cross drilled?
Yes i know the physics of it. You sacrifice surface area for cooling and gas dissipation.

Honestly i dont care about any of that. Its my wifes daily driver. I wanted them for looks and to get rid of the awful howling.

Sponsored
OP
OP
aggieStang

aggieStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fair enough. Cross drilled rotors havent been required for gas dissipation since we got rid of asbestos pads.
It may not be a big issue, but if it was a nonissue, pad manufacturers wouldnt slot their pads.

Another plus: The drilled slotted rotors have seemed to cut back on pad glazing that seems to make brakes squeaky near the end of their life. Prove it? I cant. It's probably in my head, but for $400, this is still one of my favorite mods.

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
The slotted part is giving you that. The drilled just is a waste in my opinion.The slotted portion helps in keeping the disc and pad clean and dry while giving the pad more bite since the friction area isn't completely smooth. It also resurfaces the pads every time the brakes are applied, so scoring of the disc is rare and braking is more consistent, but the pads don't last as long. The market continues to supply cross drilled i feel because most people lack the knowledge to not buy them. why not charge a premium and cash in. I personally would have bought centric cryotech rotors, would have cost about the same. Glad your howling is gone though

OP
OP
aggieStang

aggieStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The slotted part is giving you that. The drilled just is a waste in my opinion.The slotted portion helps in keeping the disc and pad clean and dry while giving the pad more bite since the friction area isn't completely smooth. It also resurfaces the pads every time the brakes are applied, so scoring of the disc is rare and braking is more consistent, but the pads don't last as long. The market continues to supply cross drilled i feel because most people lack the knowledge to not buy them. why not charge a premium and cash in. I personally would have bought centric cryotech rotors, would have cost about the same. Glad your howling is gone though
I thought the drilled portion was to help with cooling. Idk end of the day, its not a race car and they look really nice. If i actually cared about performance i would have looked into many other options, but they all would have been way higher price.

gsxr1300

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
I ordered a set slotted only.

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Its funny that some think the "cross drilled" is a novelty thing these days...but how does that explain why the Corvette, GT350, BMW M series, every Lambo and Ferrari, and just about any other high-sports car still has cross drilled rotors?

Must be a novelty.
Sponsored