CVCashmere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Vert w/Steeda lower brace, PP sways & susp
Vert Owners:

I noticed that my left side of the top is getting several pulls and wear marks where the left tonneau cover goes. It seems that my top does not sit 100% level when retracted, so the left tonneau cover has been digging into the fabric.

There are ribs that actually cut into the fabric. Since I can get my top any lower, I took an emery board nail file and took the edge off of both covers of those ridges were my finger is pointing (see picture). By flattening the sharp edge, there now less chance of it digging into my top and causing more pulls or wear marks.

Check and see your your tonneau covers are causing wear when the top is retracted. If so, file down those sharp ridges.

Good luck!

CVCashmere
IMG_0225.jpg
Sponsored

jtmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vert turbo!!!!
I'd probably take mine back to the dealer, but thanks for the heads up.

Good to know if out of warranty.

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
I ran my fingers along the edge of what you are referring too. Both were smooth, didn't feel any sharp edging what so ever on mine. Maybe I am one of the owners with a "good" pair. :cheers:

But thanx for the tip thou. I will check again before I install them again. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
CVCashmere

CVCashmere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Vert w/Steeda lower brace, PP sways & susp
it seems that my roof is very slightly higher on the left side than the right. When I put the tonneau covers on, the left one sits slightly higher. That is probably the root cause of the problem.

Thanks for checking out your vert.

CVCashmere