Sponsored

Rokblokz - still the best splash/rock guard?

MNstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Hey guys. I have been getting some small rock chips on the rear quarter behind the doors on my car. I have been looking at the rokblokz and am wondering if these are still one of the best for our cars. I am also wondering if the rear guards are necessary - it seems like the area behind the rear wheel slopes inward and would not get rock chips from the rear wheels. Just trying to decide what to order and if I even need the rear flaps. Thanks for the help!
Sponsored

#1ford

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2021 mustang gt premium convertble antimatter blue
Vehicle Showcase
I am also looking for the best ppf protection ? What is the best

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Get the whole set. The rears do provide protection for the rear bumper and give the car a more unified look.

LOL WUT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT
Very happy with my set here, great quality, great fitment and they work!

Sponsored

OP
OP
MNstang

MNstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Thanks guys! I will order a set. I am planning to install a cervini upper and lower grille this spring before the car comes out of storage. I am planning to install the rokbloxz when I pull the front bumper. I would also like to install a set of black lugs. If anyone has a link to black lugs for a 2019 PP1 car, that would be great! Lots of threads about which ones are the proper size/fitment it seems - maybe that is a whole different thread to start...

Sponsored

Dfeeds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
1997 Mustang (5.0 HO swap), 2019 Mustang GT PP1
I have them. One of my fronts disappeared and I had to get another, but it's been fine since. Rocks also get stuck between the rock guards and car quite a bit I'm frequently trying to get out. They do their job, otherwise, and look fine.

raasnio

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
I have Rokblokz on my car. I had them put on before I even got my Mustang because I met a guy who warned me that rocks will mess the car up without protection. He spoke from experience. I have no damage from rocks in the close to 3 years I have had the car. Money well spent.

Crayon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic Ecoboost "Maggie"
I've liked mine. I have had them on in one form or another for two years.

IMG_9502.JPG

Carbide

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Race Red w/white stripes Shelby GT350
I have the fronts on. Look good. Still need to install the rears.

stangs-R-me

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
1969 GT & 2016 EB Mustangs
I bought the ZL1 Addon versions as I was real happy with the ones I put on my 2016.

Well, the new ZL1's are made from thicker plastic and the adhesive tape let go of both the front flaps within a couple of weeks (vs. adhesive still holding on the thinner ones on my 2016 after 5 years and over 100k miles of driving). I blame the thicker and stiffer plastic (which does make them "nicer"), or the flaps were not cleaned properly before applying the tape (it let go there rather than the fender). I had them send me new tape, but I've yet to replace it yet as it is still holding at the top of both flaps (even after 13+k miles and some nasty winter driving this season). I'll admit I got lazy, but I was also curious to see how the rest of the adhesive would hold up through the winter.

Just checked out Rokblox web site and I see that they DO NOT use adhesive tape, instead they have some sort of fastener at the top that they claim is "no-drill". I wanted to see the installation instructions so I could hopefully see how it is fastened, but they don't post them on the site. Anyone care to share the install instructions and/or pics of the special fastener used ??

Thanks,

Doug

Pics of the adhesive failure on my ZL1's:
ZL1-LH-Front.JPG
ZL1-RH-Front.JPG
Sponsored