Sponsored

Road force numbers, Michelin

abmobil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DD 13 Nissan Titan Wknd ride 17 Mustang GT
What is the max Road Force you guys would accept on set of Michelin DeFender LTX tires for a 1/2 ton truck?

I recently got a set on my DD and the sole reason I pay the Michelin premium is to have a better chance of getting the most round tire.
Just bought a set a couple of weeks ago. 1 of the tires is less than 10 lbs.
the other 3 are 19, 22, and 25. I feel I could easily save $400+ and get those same numbers from a cheaper set.

What are your thoughts?
Sponsored

ModularKid21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜15 GT
Vehicle Showcase
What is the max Road Force you guys would accept on set of Michelin DeFender LTX tires for a 1/2 ton truck?

I recently got a set on my DD and the sole reason I pay the Michelin premium is to have a better chance of getting the most round tire.
Just bought a set a couple of weeks ago. 1 of the tires is less than 10 lbs.
the other 3 are 19, 22, and 25. I feel I could easily save $400+ and get those same numbers from a cheaper set.

What are your thoughts?
Those numbers arenā€™t TOO bad. Iā€™m with you on the paying the premium though as I do the same thing and usually with good results. On the tire balance machines Iā€™ve used, high road force for a passenger tire is usually around 25-26 (which Iā€™m assuming you have). LT rated tires are usually closer to 40-45 iirc. Also taking into consideration the accuracy of the machine being used as it could be out of calibration to any degree. Iā€™d probably talk to whoever you got the tires from and get their opinion. If the process is somewhat in depth as far as getting replacements or the like, Iā€™d just mount them up and see what youā€™ve got. Worst case, you have a vibration which is further proof to the manufacturer/shop that replacement tires may be in order