Road course intercooler options

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang (AT) w/PP
For your intended usage scenarios, I'd look at the ATM or Wagner Evo 2. Either of those would do well on a road course/autocross style of setup.
Sponsored

Brian V

USA Retired
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015ecoboost premium 201A Nav Sec Race Red
Best build options for a road track Ecoboost? ie. Brakes suspension oil cooler intercooler radiator. Anything else that we are missing .

trippleyelo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford f250 turbo diesel and 2016 mustang svo
MAPerformance Street FMIC
COBB FMIC
Mishimoto FMIC
Garett FMIC

The above all use the standard location of install and are rated to 500-550whp. I have just installed the MAP one, however I understand the Cobb and Garrett are nice as well. Mishimoto is also a popular choice. I can't comment on how it performs I have only done 40kms since install :) But so far so good. I spent a bit of time and went for MAP as it looked very well made and price was very good. There are probably others I have missed, but they were my shortlist.

I would suggest to talk to your tuner and they will suggest something for your final usage.. I know Tune+ suggested a few larger ones but I didnt want to go big or look too aggressive just in case of warranty. In hindsight I may have gone a little bigger but really didnt want to lose too much pressure and felt that the larger ones would do that

PS> Why do you want an oil cooler if you are not going for outright performance? If its for longevity perhaps a good catch can may help (so they say?)
DONT FORGET INJINE INTERCOOLERS :headbang:

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Best build options for a road track Ecoboost? ie. Brakes suspension oil cooler intercooler radiator. Anything else that we are missing .
Tyres, lighter alloys, roll/sway bars, IRS fixing (BMR CB005, steedas kit etc). And if you really want to go balls to the wall, find a gear ratio that suits you. Oh, and if it's a heavy turning course, it's worth looking into a dry sump or some form of new pan, as the pans in these if going through left/right turn heavy tracks have been known to spit oil around :thumbsup:

Brian V

USA Retired
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015ecoboost premium 201A Nav Sec Race Red
Tyres, lighter alloys, roll/sway bars, IRS fixing (BMR CB005, steedas kit etc). And if you really want to go balls to the wall, find a gear ratio that suits you. Oh, and if it's a heavy turning course, it's worth looking into a dry sump or some form of new pan, as the pans in these if going through left/right turn heavy tracks have been known to spit oil around :thumbsup:
I knew that the list would continue to grow .. oil pan .. I will have to be looking at other designs for a external tank that will be cooled and has the ability to be sumped by the oil pump interesting . GM did this with the corvette ..

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
I knew that the list would continue to grow .. oil pan .. I will have to be looking at other designs for a external tank that will be cooled and has the ability to be sumped by the oil pump interesting . GM did this with the corvette ..
well you know, if you wanna do it right ;)! :thumbsup:
Sponsored