Sponsored

Revving

Jobodizo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB GT
Vehicle Showcase
I'll usually give a quick blip back when somebody revs at me. Generally it's just a "hi, I like you car." Sometimes people start showing off and acting stupid and then I just ignore them. Most of the time I have 2 little ones in the back, so no use egging them on.
Sponsored

Lost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium 6 speed blackout /3.55
I had a Challenger pull up to me on the interstate and do the same thing. As I was coming off a 13 hour shift and commuting home, I was dilligaf about it and thought it dumb, but hey. Whatever flips your flopper.

Loki-GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium A10-3.55-400a
Vehicle Showcase
Do you know what I think is funny?

Driving along in heavy traffic (coming from work mainly), and another Mustang pulls up close to you, and revs really long and hard, so you can hear their exhaust.

Why on earth do people do this? Am I supposed to rev back (that's never going to happen) or something? May this merely a Mustang thing...

(Yes, I am still relatively new to Mustangs)
Since there have been cars many think it's cool to rev the crap out of the motor to impress somebody. My best friend used to do it, it's even more popular today and they have contests for it, who can be the loudest most obnoxious exhaust and they post them on youtube.

I prefer to not float any valves free revving the engine like they do right up to the limiter. :shrug:

To each their own, whatever floats their boat. If somebody revs it next to me in a Mustang I'll give them a thumbs up. Typically though it's guys with BOV that feel the need to get them going over and over as if that's impressive or something, again... :shrug:

TexasRebel

Gearshifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 YZ GTPP - PP2
Since there have been cars many think it's cool to rev the crap out of the motor to impress somebody. My best friend used to do it, it's even more popular today and they have contests for it, who can be the loudest most obnoxious exhaust and they post them on youtube.

I prefer to not float any valves free revving the engine like they do right up to the limiter. :shrug:

To each their own, whatever floats their boat. If somebody revs it next to me in a Mustang I'll give them a thumbs up. Typically though it's guys with BOV that feel the need to get them going over and over as if that's impressive or something, again... :shrug:
Don't worry too much about floating valves in a Coyote. If the springs are weakened enough to float under 10k RPM... you'll know it in a hurry. Aren't interference engines fun?

OP
OP
ivantwilliams

ivantwilliams

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium with Performance Package
Vehicle Showcase
I am dying here, "I'm just picking up milk..." :lol::lol::lol:

Sometimes I turn heads just rev matching normally. The Roush axle back is plenty loud and I'll just be driving normally and some Camaro/Challenger/Tuner car etc will roll up like "Let's run!" and I'm like I'm just picking up milk but thumbs up.

Sometimes when I'm in traffic and I'm bored I throw it in neutral and rev the piss out of it. Sometimes I can be an a hole like that XD

Also love going slowly in traffic under overpasses and through tunnels. I always put my window down and rev a bit. Love that sound.

Sponsored

JeffreyDJ

Jedi
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT
I have had it happen on occasion and I usually just give a wave back. But, there are so many Mustangs on the road and many are bought by regular Joe's and Joette's that like the car, but aren't necessarily either Mustang lovers, or otherwise car people. I sometimes give a short wave to other Mustang drivers, but don't always (in fact rarely) get anything back from them.

Loki-GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I have had it happen on occasion and I usually just give a wave back. But, there are so many Mustangs on the road and many are bought by regular Joe's and Joette's that like the car, but aren't necessarily either Mustang lovers, or otherwise car people. I sometimes give a short wave to other Mustang drivers, but don't always (in fact rarely) get anything back from them.
Same here, give a fellow Mustang owner, especially S550 cars the thumbs up and most just stare back like I'm from Mars or something.

Blue Horse

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I wave or thumbs up or a little V8 rev at S197 or OLDER Mustangs,if it's a S550,I ignore them.:cheers:

Hashbrownn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
cars, SUVs & trucks
Do you know what I think is funny?

Driving along in heavy traffic (coming from work mainly), and another Mustang pulls up close to you, and revs really long and hard, so you can hear their exhaust.

Why on earth do people do this? Am I supposed to rev back (that's never going to happen) or something? May this merely a Mustang thing...

(Yes, I am still relatively new to Mustangs)
You're suppose to rev back, but they'll laugh at you if you try with stock exhaust. :lol:
I don't bother to rev, I wave instead. I have stock exhaust & I like my car quiet... it helps when I'm blasting down the back roads at illegal speeds, nobody can hear me coming or going.

Sponsored
OP
OP
ivantwilliams

ivantwilliams

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium with Performance Package
Vehicle Showcase
I've met quite a few Mustang owners, and they all think I am weird, because I want a quiet exhaust.

One neighbour said to me, "It is a Mustang, it has to be as loud as ever". He has the loudest Borla on his car.

I explain to people, you don't have to hear me coming, but, you should see me when I am zooming by :)

You're suppose to rev back, but they'll laugh at you if you try with stock exhaust. :lol:
I don't bother to rev, I wave instead. I have stock exhaust & I like my car quiet... it helps when I'm blasting down the back roads at illegal speeds, nobody can hear me coming or going.

Genxer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT / Perf pack / DIB
Vehicle Showcase
I get a rev here and there and return the favor with a quick blip. All in fun.

H@mmer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT w/ Too Many Mods
Couple quick blips is just a way to say hello

tranceporter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 C7 Grand Sport

Loki-GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I prefer not to be too loud either, who wants to advertise from a mile away that you've got your foot to the floor?

I add mufflers that flow the best, not the loudest. :thumbsup:
Sponsored