Reversing a cat delete

PC_GUARD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP1
Hey everyone. Ive been a long time lurker, and I am NOT new to wrenching or mustangs, but I am new to the coyote, and s550. I recently bought a 16 pp1 for "cheap" (well cheap for todays used market) in excellent shape, already been dropped, premium everything, I absolutely love it, especially coming out of my former new edge track car, that I had been using as a daily for a couple of years.

Right now this is my daily, and granted I work from home, I still have business to conduct outside. When, i bought the car, i knew it had been cat deleted, res delete, and had borla attack exhaust..... It was ridiculously loud. I had factory res reinstalled and 2 super 44's, sounds good. The car had/has some minor tuning issues that I am currently working through, remotely and it is coming along, but have had a few challenges pop up, and with my schedule and the way the weather has been, its been tough to get great WOT logs.

To the matter at hand. I bought (havent received yet) ford power pack 3, namely because i want the reliability of a factory tune, and down the road when the car gets relegated to "toy" status, then i have an oe tune to fall back on and it just wont matter much. The obvious issue is the car is cat deleted, and will definitely throw a code, or cots will be dumping fuel like a mofo.

So the options I have as I see it. 2011-14 drivers side header, 2011-14 cats (can be found for around 450/pair)

Find a complete 2015-17 drivers side built in header and cat (probably about 600 ish + a bolt on for pass side)

Go MAK delete with their mini cats, but may still code ($650)

The one thing i need to double check because im going off from memory, i almost think they deleted the cats with a kit like MAK (without mini cats) because there didnt appear to be any butchery, i believe its flanged in, and if thats the case, 2011-14 cats will get bolted in, assuming 02 position will not throw a code.

Am I on the right track to go after 11-14 bolt on cats? Will these be adequate to satisfy OE tuning? I also realize cats go on, resonator will have to come out lol i'd prefer to get the H or the X up front as far as possible, not that it will make any substantial power difference but a difference all the same
Sponsored

OP
OP
PC_GUARD

PC_GUARD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP1
Maybe I shouldve been clearer on my question. Is there any reason to not use the 2011-14 bolt on cats? I already have custom exhaust so adjusting whats been fabbed up is no big deal. I am more curious about whether it will satisfy the pcm

Nuked

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GTPP w/Recaros
Vehicle Showcase
Pickup a set of used stock manifolds/cats?

OP
OP
PC_GUARD

PC_GUARD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP1
Pickup a set of used stock manifolds/cats?
I've tried theyre bring new kind of money.

Although the 11-14 are not so bad, considering.

Grimreaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
The flange is rotated on the 11-14 driver side differently than the mak deletes.

I'd just swap the driver side header complete. Its the easier side to access.

If your selling once done, pm me I'm in the market for cat deletes

OP
OP
PC_GUARD

PC_GUARD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP1
The flange is rotated on the 11-14 driver side differently than the mak deletes.

I'd just swap the driver side header complete. Its the easier side to access.

If your selling once done, pm me I'm in the market for cat deletes
Looks like the guy on ebay selling his set is going to get some biz.... Damn what an expensive proposition. This is why I was contemplating Catted PW headers, I may still do that. I can land those for about $300 more than to replace the factory setup.

Thank you for the info, i will let you know on the test pipe setup when i get through this in the next week or 2.
Sponsored