TicTocTach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clair
Vehicle(s)
2018 EBPP
Subscribed...

If/when I do any exhaust work, I want to keep it as quiet as I can and this looks like a great option. I have been considering building my own based on experiences I've had with Walker products on my old cars (80's turbo Dodges) and my really old cars (60's Plymouth muscle cars). I've had great results with both, and I hope that the EB would respond similarly - even if there's a lot more technology involved.

If I could end up with a system that sounded similar to how my Shelby Daytona did with a single 2.5" Super Turbo muffler, no resonator, and 2.5" DP, I'd be very happy. For a 2.2L with 8 valves and only ~200hp at most, it had a nice deep burble at idle, no drone on the highway, and sang pretty well to 6,000. I'd sure like to think the EB would respond the same... Most expensive part of that system was the old-school "high-flow" cat that I got through Summit Racing for around $120. Muffler was about $50, Walker made the over-axle bends for Mopar Performance for another $50, DP was OEM Shelby, and the remainder was just straight exhaust pipe. With some welding by the local exhaust shop, I was out the door for less than $300 - 20 years ago.

Clair
Sponsored

prostovovatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Orange Fury Ecoboost Manual Performance Pack
Ok heres some videos.

0 to 60

Driving at 75 in D and S modes

Thanks a lot for these videos, I am really liking the way it sounds. I will probably order from amazon today. The only difference is - mine is an MT car but we will see, I am excited. If it is infact really good as it seems to be, I will be ordering their downpipe later on.

dausmus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost PP
Will you be going catless? If you get that combo of this catback and downpipe please take a video of that combination. I probably wont be doing anything that extreme to my car as long as the warranty is still in effect. After the warranty, ill do more with this than I did with my 2015 EBM haha.

prostovovatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Their downpipe that I see on Amazon comes with the cat, I will probably get that one. I don't know if I see much reason to go catless right now. The only thing I am debating is what to get first.

Sponsored

dausmus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost PP
BTW, have you turned your fake engine sounds off?

No I have not. I would say in the videos about 70% is that fake speaker noise. The exhaust itself is pretty quiet.

Rob0381

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang RS1 Premium W/PP
Dausmus- how is the alignment with the rear bumper cutouts? Just curious if it centered in the outlets just fine, or if it took quite a bit of maneuvering to get straight?

TicTocTach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clair
Vehicle(s)
2018 EBPP
Ok heres some videos.

0 to 60

Driving at 75 in D and S modes

Have you found any improvement in 0-60 or 1/4 mile times since the change? I wouldn't expect a big change, but noting a trend would be useful.

dausmus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost PP
Dausmus- how is the alignment with the rear bumper cutouts? Just curious if it centered in the outlets just fine, or if it took quite a bit of maneuvering to get straight?

I did best I could but they are just slightly off. Nothing I can notice from far away really, just when I get up close.

Have you found any improvement in 0-60 or 1/4 mile times since the change? I wouldn't expect a big change, but noting a trend would be useful.

Have not noticed any performance gains. Your butt dyno could be different however.

prostovovatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So from what I understand - is that the downpipe is the restrictive part that will actually get you power. The catback just mostly changes the sound a bit. I will probably order the downpipe first and do the catback a little later...

cstewartj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EcoBoost
Appreciate the vids, man. Thanks for taking the time.
Sponsored