Rev hang issues

Slidingsidewayz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
17 gt350
Hey guys, i was wondering if anyone else have this off and on issue with rev hangs that are more unusual than the norm. Almost every time I do hard accelerations and up shift, while maintaining the revs about 4-5k, the throttle seems to go on it’s own.
The only way to reset it somehow while the car is moving is to press the clutch down and watch the revs hang rise higher than the cruising revs for a sec or two, then finally dropping down to the idle speed. Afterwards, I can finally have the car in gear and continue my drive on the freeway. Hopefully this makes sense, guys.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Slidingsidewayz

Slidingsidewayz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
17 gt350
I was also thinking of doing a KAM reset. Has anyone done a KAM reset on their gt350? If so, would it be similar to this?

Sponsored

valdlaw

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Roman
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Hey guys, i was wondering if anyone else have this off and on issue with rev hangs that are more unusual than the norm. Almost every time I do hard accelerations and up shift, while maintaining the revs about 4-5k, the throttle seems to go on it’s own.
The only way to reset it somehow while the car is moving is to press the clutch down and watch the revs hang rise higher than the cruising revs for a sec or two, then finally dropping down to the idle speed. Afterwards, I can finally have the car in gear and continue my drive on the freeway. Hopefully this makes sense, guys.
Is your cruise control also working sporadically? I just had the same issue it started with the rpm's hanging or surging and then the cruise stopped working. I. checked and found there is a TSB 19-2135 that described my situation. The TSB relates to an output shaft nut being loose and causing a false signal to the mass airflow sensor. In my case the sensor actually broke off so it had to be replaced. Hope that helps.

OP
OP
Slidingsidewayz

Slidingsidewayz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
17 gt350
Ok never mind then, i had this issue with my first lund tune, but was fixed quickly with a revision. I’ve never seen anyone mention this on the stock file. Carry on
Oh man, I was hoping this wouldn’t be the case. Now I’m a bit worried given the fact I’m the 3rd owner. The person I bought the car from (2nd owner) said he had never touch the car. I’m not sure if the 1st owner did.
Is there a telltale sign without have an n gauge to know if my car is or has been tuned without going to the dealership?
Thanks for the info and your help btw, greatly appreciated!

OP
OP
Slidingsidewayz

Slidingsidewayz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
17 gt350
Is your cruise control also working sporadically? I just had the same issue it started with the rpm's hanging or surging and then the cruise stopped working. I. checked and found there is a TSB 19-2135 that described my situation. The TSB relates to an output shaft nut being loose and causing a false signal to the mass airflow sensor. In my case the sensor actually broke off so it had to be replaced. Hope that helps.
Good to know! I’ll look into it, for sure. I don’t know if my cruise control works, I have never used it in this car before. So, if the cruise control does not work, would 99% of the chance be that problem? Thanks in advance!

jvandy50

H3249
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, 18 ZL1-1LE
Oh man, I was hoping this wouldn’t be the case. Now I’m a bit worried given the fact I’m the 3rd owner. The person I bought the car from (2nd owner) said he had never touch the car. I’m not sure if the 1st owner did.
Is there a telltale sign without have an n gauge to know if my car is or has been tuned without going to the dealership?
Thanks for the info and your help btw, greatly appreciated!
No problem man, i hated that rev hang with a passion lol.

I really wouldn’t know how to find if the 1st owner tuned her. I wonder if an email to Lund, AED, or PBD could pull up your VIN? Might be worth a shot. If it has been tuned, good news is they can fix it easily with revision.

What mine was doing was most noticeable on shifts from 3-4 and 4-5 where it would give too much throttle for too long for the next gear.

OP
OP
Slidingsidewayz

Slidingsidewayz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
17 gt350
No problem man, i hated that rev hang with a passion lol.

I really wouldn’t know how to find if the 1st owner tuned her. I wonder if an email to Lund, AED, or PBD could pull up your VIN? Might be worth a shot. If it has been tuned, good news is they can fix it easily with revision.

What mine was doing was most noticeable on shifts from 3-4 and 4-5 where it would give too much throttle for too long for the next gear.
It sounds exactly like my car and it bugs the crap out of me. It’s extremely noticeable for me at the track and when I’m having a few pulls on the freeway.
I’m going to try the KAM reset and also try to see if my cruise control works, just to see and rule out what was mentioned earlier.
If everything checks out. I honestly wouldn’t know what to do.

Sponsored

jvandy50

H3249
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, 18 ZL1-1LE
It sounds exactly like my car and it bugs the crap out of me. It’s extremely noticeable for me at the track and when I’m having a few pulls on the freeway.
I’m going to try the KAM reset and also try to see if my cruise control works, just to see and rule out what was mentioned earlier.
If everything checks out. I honestly wouldn’t know what to do.
I would either ask the selling dealer if it was tuned or email the most popular 350 tuners and ask if your VIN was in their system

valdlaw

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Roman
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Good to know! I’ll look into it, for sure. I don’t know if my cruise control works, I have never used it in this car before. So, if the cruise control does not work, would 99% of the chance be that problem? Thanks in advance!
Curious to see if you have a cruise issue. My cruise didn't crap out right away it would work sporadically and disengage on its own. Over time the surging became worse and the cruise quit working entirely. The fix is really easy it's literally a nut and some loctite to keep it from backing out. I bought the TSB to my dealer and they confirmed that was the cause.

OP
OP
Slidingsidewayz

Slidingsidewayz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
17 gt350
Curious to see if you have a cruise issue. My cruise didn't crap out right away it would work sporadically and disengage on its own. Over time the surging became worse and the cruise quit working entirely. The fix is really easy it's literally a nut and some loctite to keep it from backing out. I bought the TSB to my dealer and they confirmed that was the cause.
Is this the nut (32mm) you’re referring to?
F26ACF79-0B37-447A-BF10-510B963506B0.jpeg

OP
OP
Slidingsidewayz

Slidingsidewayz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
17 gt350
Could be if you google the TSB above you can see the parts list.
Right. I read the pdf file based on the tsb-19-2135. It certainly looks like that’s the bolt they’re referring to.
I wonder if my powertrain warranty will cover that job since my bumper to bumper had just recently expired.
Sponsored