Reset tire pressure light?

PeterParker

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2019 4T Premium, 2018 Mazda 6 GTR
A small cold snap here in sunny Florida caused the passenger front tire to 'pretend' it is low on air when it is about the same as the other tires and even rises as I drive it just like the other tires.

Is there a 'simple' way to turn off the dash tire light? Or is it some 'song and dance' that I need to do?
Sponsored

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
This works for me. It’s in a thread here somewhere but I took a pic for easy reference.

This happens to me when I air down and then air up again.

Good luck!

5FDD1BDD-81DB-435B-92BD-F1057B0FA255.png

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
It will also clear on it’s own once you add little air to it and then drive it for a few miles.

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase
It could be a bad TPMS sensor.

JeremyPro5.0

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 & 2018 GT350R
If your just looking to turn off the warning light, you need to bring the tire in question up above 30 or 32 psi. Then run the car for a little bit and the light should be out.

If you run tires lower than 30 normally, say 26-28 because they will heat up with harder driving, the warning light may not get turned off the car still registers the tire in question as low air. You first need to bring the tire higher in pressure and then after the light goes out you can drop it back down to high 20s to prep for spirited driving.

At least that has worked for me

Sponsored

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
It will also clear on it’s own once you add little air to it and then drive it for a few miles.
That’s supposed to happen, but I’ve found on occasion it doesn’t. When it doesn’t, I use the instructions above.
I air up the tires to about 40 then start the process. Then drop them where I want them after they’re all trained again.
Usually on the street I run about 24-26 unless I’m travelling and then I air them up. So my car goes long periods with the light on. Then when I do air them up the light occasionally stays on and doesn’t reset after driving a while. Then i retrain them and all is good again.

Kleiss1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 6- speed
Took a couple days and mine went out n

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
....on the street I run about 24-26 unless I’m travelling.....
I don't.......I don't understand.

Are there times you're not traveling in your car???

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
I don't.......I don't understand.

Are there times you're not traveling in your car???
Lol. Metaphorically yes.

Perhaps I should have explained a little more. If I’m out traveling for shorter distances and I’m expecting that I will be requiring increased straight line traction, I will air down my tires to 24 or 26 depending on where I am, road conditions and temperature. If I’m planning on traveling longer distances and commuting somewhere or cruising with my wife or kids, I will air up the tires a little to 30 or 32.

I find the R2s offer a lot more grip when aired down. My dragy confirms this.

Hope that explains it a little better. But you’re right, never not traveling when driving.

MicksS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mick
Vehicle(s)
MY2017 Mustang GT
If your just looking to turn off the warning light, you need to bring the tire in question up above 30 or 32 psi. Then run the car for a little bit and the light should be out.

If you run tires lower than 30 normally, say 26-28 because they will heat up with harder driving, the warning light may not get turned off the car still registers the tire in question as low air. You first need to bring the tire higher in pressure and then after the light goes out you can drop it back down to high 20s to prep for spirited driving.

At least that has worked for me
Yep - this worked for me too! Thanks guys!
I slightly overinflated the tyre that was highlighted as being an issue, then when I restarted the car, it showed as normal (albeit at 35 psi ;-) ). I'll drop it back to 32 to match the others
Sponsored