Reset after CAI reinstall

ryant601

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT - Black Accent Package
Long story short, PMAS intake tube popped off (don't ask me how) yesterday causing a rough idle (surprisingly enough no other issues driving). Tightened down clamp this morning and all seems well, but I'm not sure if the A/F and vacuum are normal - just want to reset everything if I can. I remember having to do something similar when I installed it. Tuned on 93, A/F seems to be 14.0-14.3...but vacuum even on low acceleration plummets to 0, having a hard time recalling if it was always that way.

Is the best course of action to remove neg battery cable for a while and reconnect and go? Any help is always appreciated!
Sponsored

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
I would read then clear any fault codes present. Nothing else should be necessary other than securing the intake to prevent future issues.

OP
OP
ryant601

ryant601

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
I would read then clear any fault codes present. Nothing else should be necessary other than securing the intake to prevent future issues.
Okay. I'll have to get the codes read somewhere, no CEL during the whole ordeal.

AXO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Gt, Ruby Red Metallic, Premium, PP, 401a
Use your Tuner

Sponsored

OP
OP
ryant601

ryant601

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
Tuned by Rob when he was at Krazy House still, so I don't have an nguage.

OP
OP
ryant601

ryant601

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
SCT X4? Do a KAM reset - Under Vehicle Functions.
I have no tuning device lol, he flashed it on the spot and I went on my merry way. This was over a year ago before he fled south.

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
I have no tuning device lol, he flashed it on the spot and I went on my merry way. This was over a year ago before he fled south.
So do you not have your stock tune saved somewhere?

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
With no handheld disconnecting negative terminal from battery for 30 min and leaving headlights in on position to drain current in theory accomplishes the same as a kam reset. Though I have also seen it not work but worth a shot.

Sponsored
OP
OP
ryant601

ryant601

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
With no handheld disconnecting negative terminal from battery for 30 min and leaving headlights in on position to drain current in theory accomplishes the same as a kam reset. Though I have also seen it not work but worth a shot.
Seems to be back to normal. My commute is very short so i don't get a lot of wheel time, but this morning it seemed to be driving well again.

OP
OP
ryant601

ryant601

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
So do you not have your stock tune saved somewhere?
Correct. Presumably he has it stored, if I ever needed it, but I'm not certain. I'm well out of warranty anyways, not high on my list of concerns at this point.

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
Correct. Presumably he has it stored, if I ever needed it, but I'm not certain. I'm well out of warranty anyways, not high on my list of concerns at this point.
I won’t worry about the CAI. As long as it’s secured and everything was how it was when you were tuned, it should be fine. Any weirdness it may have learned should go away over time. I always make it a practice to do a KAM reset when I am making changes (even a new air filter). But either way I think you’re fine.

OP
OP
ryant601

ryant601

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
I won’t worry about the CAI. As long as it’s secured and everything was how it was when you were tuned, it should be fine. Any weirdness it may have learned should go away over time. I always make it a practice to do a KAM reset when I am making changes (even a new air filter). But either way I think you’re fine.
Only reason I even brought it up is I remember an interesting few miles when I installed a new CAI on my Ecoboost when I had it, and figured this was basically the same thing as installing a new CAI.

Rob installed this one when he tuned the car, so I'm not sure what the process was. In any event, all is well that ends well.
Sponsored