Sponsored

Reputable Ford Dealer - Austin

ssmith891

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500
Anybody in the Austin area that goes to/knows of a reputable Ford dealer? Whether for warranty work, or scheduled maintenance? I know a lot of people are weary of dealers, but I know there are some well run ones out there still!
Sponsored

av_wubba_lubba_dub

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alessandro
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2018 Convertible - 2.3 ecoboost
Anybody in the Austin area that goes to/knows of a reputable Ford dealer? Whether for warranty work, or scheduled maintenance? I know a lot of people are weary of dealers, but I know there are some well run ones out there still!
Hey I 'm in Austin as well!

Any luck finding a good mechanic/dealer?

volcanogod

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 350
Hey Austin peeps!

I would strong suggest not to use Mac Haik Ford in George town. As you can see from the picture they put a service stick on the paint and you can see what happened. I drove all the way up there and they denied it was their sticker..... :curse:

I went with Maxwell Ford after doing a little digging as they are also much closer for me. I took mine in to the the TSB for the exhaust bypass along with updating all the firmware. No issues. Folks were pretty friendly. I had a new paper mask and it broke when I was trying to put it on. One of the other service advisers walked up with a new one and surprised me.

Honestly I hate dealerships but there is not many way to avoid needing them for certain things.

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Hey Austin peeps!

I would strong suggest not to use Mac Haik Ford in George town. As you can see from the picture they put a service stick on the paint and you can see what happened. I drove all the way up there and they denied it was their sticker..... :curse:

I went with Maxwell Ford after doing a little digging as they are also much closer for me. I took mine in to the the TSB for the exhaust bypass along with updating all the firmware. No issues. Folks were pretty friendly. I had a new paper mask and it broke when I was trying to put it on. One of the other service advisers walked up with a new one and surprised me.

Honestly I hate dealerships but there is not many way to avoid needing them for certain things.

That should come off super easy with automotive-grade sticker remover.

Still shitty, tho.

Zathras

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
It's really hard to have much confidence in dealer service. Even at the same dealer I've had widely different experiences (good/bad).

That being said, I've had decent experiences with Mac Haik in Georgetown and Riata Ford (Manor). Many, many years ago I had a bad experience with Leif Johnson Ford at Koenig & Airport, but anyone working there at the time probably would be retired now.

Your mileage will vary...

Sponsored

OP
OP
ssmith891

ssmith891

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500
Well...add Covert Ford to the "do not recommend" list. Just wrapped up a nightmare of a service experience. It's amazing how difficult it is to find good service.

I think I'm going to give Mac Haik a chance and see how it goes.

volcanogod

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 350
That should come off super easy with automotive-grade sticker remover.

Still shitty, tho.
Hi honey badger. What you are seeing there is bare metal. The sticker took the paint off. I cleaned it up and had a perfect sized Ford Performance sticker that is covering it up. If I ever have to get some paint work done I may get it addressed at that time. Still pisses me off the dealer manager and boy shop manager said it wasn't their sticker. :angry:

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Hi honey badger. What you are seeing there is bare metal. The sticker took the paint off. I cleaned it up and had a perfect sized Ford Performance sticker that is covering it up. If I ever have to get some paint work done I may get it addressed at that time. Still pisses me off the dealer manager and boy shop manager said it wasn't their sticker. :angry:

OhoOH. I did not catch that. In that case, I'd burn that place to the ground. But that's just me

tumblr_ojudsqpWho1v6wkmgo2_500.gif

av_wubba_lubba_dub

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alessandro
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2018 Convertible - 2.3 ecoboost
Good lord! not sure if I want to go to any of them :D!!!
Anyway, I ma asking because my ac is not working properly since a month and half, sometimes is cold, sometimes not as cold,one time it got completely off for few minutes and I am looking someone honest to take a look at it!

Dave_RTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2018 Race Red Shelby GT350
Well...add Covert Ford to the "do not recommend" list. Just wrapped up a nightmare of a service experience. It's amazing how difficult it is to find good service.

I think I'm going to give Mac Haik a chance and see how it goes.
Can you expand on the issues you encountered with Covert? I have bought from them but never serviced anything so I am curious. Definitely happy to see this thread and know who to avoid should the need to take in the Shelby arise.

Edward

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Lightning
Maxwell did a PERFECT job doing an engine replacement on my last GT350. IMHO, the key is setting the expectations from the get go. Anthony Vento was my service advisor. He understood how particular I am and even called the mechanic to meet me when I dropped the car off.
Sponsored