Sponsored

Replacing xpipe with magnaflow 12599

GSLSE20B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 SHADOW BLACK GTPP
12599 won't fit on the MBRP because of how far the inlet and outlets are spaced out from each other, 12468 won't fit either because it is only 2.5 inch . im also currently searching for something that will fit my MBRP. From what I have seen there is nothing from magnaflow that will work unless you go with the internal Y pipe which I don't want to do.
I have the 12469 with stock mufflers on mine
Sponsored

TheHydro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Performance Pack
I have the 12469 with stock mufflers on mine
I'm supercharged so I don't want to increase back pressure going with the internal Y muffler. Trying to find an X muffler that will fit.

jhann76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT
Sorry for the dumb question, but what would adding the Magnaflow 12469 to an MBRP street exhaust do, exactly? Does it change the overall sound? Make it quieter at all? Would it interfere with exhaust flow? I don't know much about exhausts, but I have the MBRP street unit as well and am curious.

GSLSE20B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 SHADOW BLACK GTPP
Sorry for the dumb question, but what would adding the Magnaflow 12469 to an MBRP street exhaust do, exactly? Does it change the overall sound? Make it quieter at all? Would it interfere with exhaust flow? I don't know much about exhausts, but I have the MBRP street unit as well and am curious.
I just put the 12469 on an mbrp system last night . I'll get a video of it today and will have it at the track Saturday to compare . I ran 11.43 with the 12469 on mine .

GSLSE20B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 SHADOW BLACK GTPP
I'm supercharged so I don't want to increase back pressure going with the internal Y muffler. Trying to find an X muffler that will fit.
You could do an after the collectors and then two bullets to keep the flow . The 12599 will fit but hangs down lower . The x with bullets will be more compact

Sponsored

TheHydro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Performance Pack
You could do an after the collectors and then two bullets to keep the flow . The 12599 will fit but hangs down lower . The x with bullets will be more compact
Thanks that sounds like a good idea. Is there an X and bullets you would recommend?

OP
OP
Crowderb

Crowderb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Performance Package
I ordered the 11379, it's not 3" but hopefully it will help

VinnAY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Camaro 1SS/1LE
12599 won't fit on the MBRP because of how far the inlet and outlets are spaced out from each other, 12468 won't fit either because it is only 2.5 inch . im also currently searching for something that will fit my MBRP. From what I have seen there is nothing from magnaflow that will work unless you go with the internal Y pipe which I don't want to do.
That was exaclty what I was intending to measure tonite, knowing I might have to go with two bullets, something like that.

Just did the 12469 on another members mbrp last night @Kyle0995
Good to know I'll see what he says about it

Kyle0995

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Yeah we just installed it on my car last night I was tired of how loud the car was during cold starts and it was a little to loud for me as a daily driver. It's been this way for over a year it just got old being so loud. Mind you I have catless stainless works headers so it amplified the noise by a lot! I love how it sounds now. Power wise I would say it's probably the same just a ton quieter all around. I will take a video tonight and try and post it.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Crowderb

Crowderb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Performance Package
Just to update everyone, the 11379 worked great

RogerS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT Premium PP 50th
Would love to hear it when you get a video

Xavier208

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 400a
Yea 12469. Had to look up the receipt. I did it last year and couldn't remember right.
Revive lol. Looking to quiet down my exhaust just wanted to clarify that you did run 12469 magnaflow muffler? How was the fit and finish on it?
Sponsored