Sponsored

Replacement Tires for PPL2

Silver Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe PP2
Well lately upgrading to the 2018 Pp1 model has been on my mind but after reading these threads and seeing youtube videos about the PP2's I'm interested starting to think maybe I should consider this level2. Are these packaged gt's on lots for sale or is this a special order option? ..If they're out there on lots is there a markup?
They're starting to show up, but they seem to be pretty scarce and may not last long. My dealer just got a black PP2 premium in and it sold yesterday. Not sure about deals on them, but I just read the following on Blueoval that makes me think they may not be real easy to find even with the MY19 models. For that matter, even Magneride PP1's appear to be on tight supply.

"The Performance Package - Level 2 (673) is limited availability but I can't find any specific information as to the scheduling availability and/or volume. July production for the MagneRide Damping System (96B) is limited to 6% for the New York Region. As such, I'd expect a longer Order-to-Delivery time. Current estimate is 12-14 weeks."
Sponsored

Ashpian

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500
I replaced my SC2's with 4Ss and the car rides great. They are more comfortable on the street than the SC2's and they don't throw gravel down the side of the car every time I drive it. That was my primary reason for swapping them out because it sounds like hail hitting the car whenever you go anywhere. Pulling into a parking lot after driving on nice roads looks like you were on a gravel road and the tires are covered in rocks.

I have about 2k miles on the 4s's btw and drove them on a road trip from GA to MD and back again. There is a wide variety of highway road conditions on that 18 hour round trip and they were great. My car is also lowered but it never felt uncomfortable driving in Sport+the whole time.

Infidex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT w/ Tremor Package (PP2)
Well lately upgrading to the 2018 Pp1 model has been on my mind but after reading these threads and seeing youtube videos about the PP2's I'm starting to think maybe I should consider this level2. Are these packaged gt's on lots for sale or is this a special order option? ..If they're out there on lots is there a markup?

You can apply x-plan or other plans, plus any open discounts on 2018's will apply. Most dealerships that have inventory are treating them like other GT's on the lot and same discounts. In the other PP2 thread active in this forum, there are some posts with listings on dealer lots. They can be found, just depends on color you want and features. I've seen a crimson one posted in that thread that is probably at least 6k off sticker if not more as it had leather recaro's, premium package, etc... and it was 44-45 if I recall, couldn't find sticker on the page, but I would imagine it's 50-52k sticker.

Silver Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe PP2
My plans for going 295 front and 305 rear did not pan out. My car surprised us all today when it showed up at the dealer a week early. 305's were readily available, but 295's in both the Potenza S-04 Pole Position and Pilot Sport 4S were 7-10 days out. So, I just decided to go with the Pole Position in 305 all around (same as Infidex). Stoked to pick it up tomorrow.

2018OFPP1?2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Walt
Vehicle(s)
'92 LX 5.0 Vert, 2018 GT PP2
Well lately upgrading to the 2018 Pp1 model has been on my mind but after reading these threads and seeing youtube videos about the PP2's I'm starting to think maybe I should consider this level2. Are these packaged gt's on lots for sale or is this a special order option? ..If they're out there on lots is there a markup?
There is a black w/ showstopper red 401a PP2 at Cypress Coast Ford in Seasde, CA right now with no ADM posted.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Mhjr74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKS, Ford Explorer
My plans for going 295 front and 305 rear did not pan out. My car surprised us all today when it showed up at the dealer a week early. 305's were readily available, but 295's in both the Potenza S-04 Pole Position and Pilot Sport 4S were 7-10 days out. So, I just decided to go with the Pole Position in 305 all around (same as Infidex). Stoked to pick it up tomorrow.
Awesome for you! I have to wait until at least July. Post a pic when you get it.

jenksdrummer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
I thought about going this route when I ordered my PP2. When priced out, the PP1+Magneride is only about $800 less. For that money, I will gladly take a set of racing tires and wide (if heavy) wheels. Plus the so-called "track-inspired" suspension set up. Well worth the difference.

For what it's worth from my perspective, I plan on ordering a second set of the OEM PP2 wheels with Michelin Pilot Sport 4s for DD use, saving the SC2s for autocross (where allowed) and track days.
This is what I plan on doing as well; failing that, alt wheels+tires that match PP1 spec.

I also plan to leave the front splitter off. Gasp. /worldends

Why did I waste $800...because of the other upgrades. I figure if I ever drop a supercharger on it, I've already got the suspension improvements done. Even them, coming from a 2016 Sequoia Platinum, this should drive like a brick and read my mind instead of reacting to driver input measured in seconds later...lol

Infidex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT w/ Tremor Package (PP2)
Did you pick it up yet? I'm very happy with the pole position tires, no issues and I've driven in 30F to 95F weather so far with them, I get good traction throughout that range.

Nanashii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I went with OEM size Pilot Sport 4S. Have about 900 miles on them. Overall, it's the best max performance summer street tire on the market right now.

StangLuver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
The PPL2 is way more than the tires. I like the overall setup of the car, I just don't want the Cup 2s.
Same here. Some of us just don't want to shell out $2,000 every 6 months (5,000 miles) for a new set of Cup 2 tires.

StangLuver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
I have to agree with DarkestHour, why pay the money for the PP2 if you are turn around and buy new tires? Just get a PP1 with magneride, buy a Roush front splitter, and get a wheel and tire package that look good and are lighter than the stock ones because the PP2 wheels are fugly!

Of course just my probably unwanted 2 cents
The PP2 wheels are sweet - not sure why you think they're not killer. I think they're way nicer than any of the other wheels available for any spec GT.

2018-Ford-Mustang-GT-PP2-rear-quarter.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited: