Replacement Shocks for 2008 Shelby GT500

armytc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2008 Shelby GT500
I need to replace the rear shocks on my 2008 Shelby GT500. Even though the car is very low mile, the passenger side shock is rattling. I need suggestions for replacement shocks. I do not race or track the car. I use it for car cruises and shows. I need a suitable replacement that is equal or a bit better than OEM. The folks over at GT500.com say the KONI Orange shock is a good replacement at about $75.00 each.
If you would, give me some feedback.
Thanks!
Sponsored

robvas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I would put Bilsteins on it. They aren't much more and quite a bit better shock.

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
Koni makes a very good shock. Ran them on all kinds of mustangs in the past. I’ve had Bilsteins on everything from lifted trucks, lowered cars, and currently on my 550 service truck. Bilstein is a great shock as well. The koni’s are going to be a little stiffer, with the bilsteins a little more on the plush side on the car side. I’d even throw kyb in there as well, little less money then both. There really isn’t a bad choice. I will say this though, don’t just change the rears whichever way you go, do them all the way around. It’s kind of like changing tires in pairs. Its easy to feel which are new and which aren’t.

Bitten in '69

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
19 GT350, 03 Cobra, 90 GT, 82 GT
If doing Koni, use the yellow, not the orange. The yellow is better built and will perform better. I ran the double adjustable fronts and a set of rears on my 03 Cobra. Much better than the OEM Bilsteins.

OP
OP
armytc

armytc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2008 Shelby GT500
Thanks for the input. I decided on the Bilstein B6 for my Shelby. While things are in the air, it's getting new sway bar rubber also.
Sponsored