replacement bushings vs support kits

mikeyjobu

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP
Like everyone, I want to reduce wheel hop (and other things) with my car.
I'm wondering what the delta in price between doing full-on replacement bushings versus doing a cradle support or lockout type of solution would be. It seems like the lockout type of thing lends itself to more of a DIY project, whereas a lockout kit might require dropping the whole cradle out to press in the new bushings. This is what I think I want for my personal stage 1 -- wishlist from LMR:
2015-2016 Ford Mustang Blowfish Racing Shifter Support Bracket - by Blowfish Racing

#SSB-15-000

2015-2016 Ford Mustang Energy Suspension IRS Subframe Bushing Set Black - by Energy Suspension

#ES-44122G
2015-2016 Ford Mustang Steeda IRS Subframe Alignment Bushing Kit - by Steeda

#ST-5554438

2015-2016 Ford Mustang Energy Suspension IRS Differential Mount Bushing Kit Black - by Energy Suspension

#ES-41139G

2015-2016 Ford Mustang Ford Racing Knuckle To Toe Link Bearing Assembly GT - by Ford Racing

#M5A460M

2011-2016 Ford Mustang Steeda MT-82 Transmission Mount Bushing Insert - by Steeda

#ST-5554037

2015-2016 Ford Mustang 5.0 Ford Racing X-Pipe GT - by Ford Racing

#M5251M8

2015-2016 Ford Mustang BMR Lower Control Arm Spherical Bushings - by BMR Fabrication

#BMR-BK055

2015-2016 Ford Mustang Downforce Wheel Kit - 20x8.5/10 Gloss Black

#WK-00701658S

*MPSS, and a DSS carbon driveshaft

I realize this isn't all suspension related. It's going to remain a street car, so delrin or aluminum like in the cradle from Ford are totally out. I also don't have a place to do my own work (condo association rules). I feel like it might be worth extra money to get the bushings in rather than put a support kit on for rubber bushings that will eventually fail anyway -- thoughts?
Sponsored

Coaster

RallyNorthAmerica.com
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.imprtcl.com
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
'15 Fastback GT Guard
I don't think you would need the Steeda subframe alignment kit with that Energy suspension subframe kit. it appears to already include the insert spacers.

OP
OP
mikeyjobu

mikeyjobu

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP
I don't think you would need the Steeda subframe alignment kit with that Energy suspension subframe kit. it appears to already include the insert spacers.
I was assuming the Energy Suspension parts were just a polyurethane replacement for the factory rubber, and that the Steeda kit would go into the frame above them? You do raise an interesting point -- I need to vet what I'm getting before I order anything. I'll also be taking this list and alternatives to my mechanic to see what he thinks too. Thanks for your input!

Coaster

RallyNorthAmerica.com
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.imprtcl.com
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
'15 Fastback GT Guard
I was assuming the Energy Suspension parts were just a polyurethane replacement for the factory rubber, and that the Steeda kit would go into the frame above them? You do raise an interesting point -- I need to vet what I'm getting before I order anything. I'll also be taking this list and alternatives to my mechanic to see what he thinks too. Thanks for your input!
Find and read the install directions for the things you're looking at buying. It will help you get an idea of how things are put together.

OP
OP
mikeyjobu

mikeyjobu

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP
I've watched the videos on the Steeda alignment kit -- looked like it installed over the factory bushings -- like it was a missing piece that should have been on the car from the factory. The Energy Suspension bushings when assembled look different -- those metal pieces don't fill the void in the car above the cradle:
http://www.energysuspensionparts.com/4.4122

Sponsored

OP
OP
mikeyjobu

mikeyjobu

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP
forty bucks is still forty bucks though -- looking for the CJ video on the Steeda kit...

edit -- there's no CJ's video! Ooops! I know I saw something somewhere...

OP
OP
mikeyjobu

mikeyjobu

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP
Email sent to LMR -- hopefully I'll get my answer. [MENTION=13317]Coaster[/MENTION] -- you're observation seems correct to me -- hopefully verified soon -- wish I could find the install video for that Steeda kit -- it looked like a really easy install.

OP
OP
mikeyjobu

mikeyjobu

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP
I definitely needed to look through both instructions side-by-side. It kind of makes me angry Ford didn't have some sort of sleeve centering the bolts from the factory.

Enzo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Enzo
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
I currently have Steeda: Progressive Springs, IRS Alignment Kit, IRS Bushings, Differential bushings (red), sway bars, Vertical Links, BMR sway bar end links, IRS brace, K member brace and corsa sport catback.

With all those installed, I have no NVH at all whatsoever (I am extremely OCD when it comes to NVH). The car rides a lot smoother, and the wheel hop is 99% gone, it pretty much just hooks and goes and slides the tires. So now I just need drag radials lol :cheers:

OP
OP
mikeyjobu

mikeyjobu

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP
Trey Pridemore (LMR.COM)
Apr 21, 12:13 PM
Hello Mike,

It is not necessary to purchase the Steeda alignment bushings if you get the Energy Suspension bushings. The bushings from Energy Suspension should get everything squared up and reduce wheel hop quite a bit! I would highly recommend them. I hope this information helps you out! If you have anymore questions or concerns about anything further, please let me know and i'll be happy to help!Thank You,
Trey Pridemore
Customer Care Rep

Call Me Direct At (254) 296-6522

Sponsored
OP
OP
mikeyjobu

mikeyjobu

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP
Many thanks [MENTION=13317]Coaster[/MENTION] for pointing me in the right direction!

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
Hmmmmm......

Well, I can say, if you acquire a properly engineered Cradle Bushing/Mount Kit - the Steeda Inserts are 100% Unnecessary.

An Improper design, may make the Steeda Inserts a good choice - THEN, not allow you to use them. In a perfect world, it would be sweet if you could replace the center sleeves of the Energy kit, with the Steeda Inserts. But then you end up paying more for a proper designed kit, than what our properly designed kit cost. lol

bmr-bk047_4673.jpg

That is how the center sleeves should look.

OP
OP
mikeyjobu

mikeyjobu

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP
Hmmmmm......

Well, I can say, if you acquire a properly engineered Cradle Bushing/Mount Kit - the Steeda Inserts are 100% Unnecessary.

An Improper design, may make the Steeda Inserts a good choice - THEN, not allow you to use them. In a perfect world, it would be sweet if you could replace the center sleeves of the Energy kit, with the Steeda Inserts. But then you end up paying more for a proper designed kit, than what our properly designed kit cost. lol

That is how the center sleeves should look.
Ha ha! I don't see it in black, or on LMR's website -- what's up with that? The BMR and ES stuff looks very, very similar...

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
Ha ha! I don't see it in black, or on LMR's website -- what's up with that? The BMR and ES stuff looks very, very similar...
You think? I don't think they look similar at all. lol

As for the color, unfortunately we do not offer black. Just Red.

:shrug:
Sponsored