Replace door and rear deck using factory amp

joe603

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium PP
I just replaced the sub on my B&O with a pair of 12s and an external amp. Night and day difference for sure. I'd like to do the door and rear deck next. Has anyone done a swap without adding an amp? Was it worth it and what did you use?
Sponsored

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Yes you can do it as long as you match the final impedance loads. The stock amp doesn’t seem to put out clean signal at lower ohm ratings and has been known to damage aftermarket speakers when pushed too hard.

NTXChris

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT
You'll get the best results by replacing your current speakers with 2 ohm speakers (B&O speakers are 2 ohm). The front can present problems because you'll likely have issues finding a 2 ohm 3-way component set that doesn't cost a fortune.

I'd say start with Crutchfield to find what fits and and then go from there. While their pricing is higher than other places online, their customer service is very worth it should you need to talk to someone about speaker selection or installation.

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
You'll get the best results by replacing your current speakers with 2 ohm speakers (B&O speakers are 2 ohm). The front can present problems because you'll likely have issues finding a 2 ohm 3-way component set that doesn't cost a fortune.

I'd say start with Crutchfield to find what fits and and then go from there. While their pricing is higher than other places online, their customer service is very worth it should you need to talk to someone about speaker selection or installation.
This is incorrect information. The stock B&O speakers are 4 ohm for all the fronts. The tweeter and Mid are wired in parallel to two ohm.
I can swear to this as I’ve actually measured the impedance of my stock speakers when I removed them.

OP
OP
joe603

joe603

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium PP
Appreciate the info guys! Has anyone done this? How does it sound, compared to stock? Keeping the factory amp vs aftermarket is around 1k (Amp and DSP).
Sponsored