Repeated Ball Joint Failure

aacsaplar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Arden
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Hi everyone. I have been having issues regarding the right side ball joint failing multiple times now within a short amount of time. I bought my 2016 Ecoboost two years ago and have had the joint fail two times roughly a year apart. When purchased, the car had 20,000 miles, but now it has a little over 50,000. I drive down to VA from MA, and vice versa, like four times a year for college, but I highly doubt this is causing significant wear and tear on the joint. I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this problem?
Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Hi everyone. I have been having issues regarding the right side ball joint failing multiple times now within a short amount of time. I bought my 2016 Ecoboost two years ago and have had the joint fail two times roughly a year apart. When purchased, the car had 20,000 miles, but now it has a little over 50,000. I drive down to VA from MA, and vice versa, like four times a year for college, but I highly doubt this is causing significant wear and tear on the joint. I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this problem?
Which ball joint? There are 6 in the front of the car. What mods?

OP
OP

aacsaplar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Arden
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Which ball joint? There are 6 in the front of the car. What mods?
So I was mistaken when I said I thought it was the same ball joint. I found the service receipt and the first one was one of the front left joints, not right. No mods, just stock. I assume now it's just time to have the right one fixed. My bad!
Sponsored