Sponsored

Removing wheel hop without dropping subframe

ChiTownStang26

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium ~2016 Mustang V6(sold)~
ANOTHER WHEEL HOP THREAD WTF! :angry:

Just installed bmr vertical links tca048r to start attacking the wheel hop issue and helped stop the hop when rolling but no luck from a dig. Im trying to eliminate wheel hop without dropping the subframe (which I bet ill have to in the end) since I do all the installation myself and my skill and experience is as far as everything done in my signature so i'm a bit nervous to tackle something like this.

I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for the next suspension part to grab that might help. When I had my v6 the steeda subframe braces fixed all wheel hop but not to sure if this will work alone on a gt.

I'm sure everyone's gonna yell and tell me ill have to do the subframe bushings but for the off chance someone has any suggestions and can point me in a different direction it would be much appreciated, or if anyone in Chicago wants to help me drop the subframe :cwl:

Thanks!
Sponsored

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
I'd say the Steeda braces would still work the same as they did on the V6 for you. Dropping the subframe isn't that bad either, just 4 big bolts.

robwlf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
rob
Vehicle(s)
17 lightning blue pp LFP 670
i did the frame braces a long time ago with the irs alignment kit and it stopped 90% of the hop .im also lowered on bmr min drop springs

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
Lowering the subframe is not a big deal at all. I have the vertical links and BMR 005 kit. However, drag radials is what it took to stop my wheel hop at the strip.
Sponsored