Sponsored

Wheel Hop Solution: Steeda S550 IRS Subframe Bushing Support System (GT, V6, Eco)

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
Is there a difference between this and the BMR cradle lockout kit? Or are they completely separate things?
Yes, there are differences in the approach Steeda takes in the reduction in wheel hop. Our kit produces less NVH than others due to design. Furthermore, we still use the inner sleeve of the bushing to lock into the Chaasis where the competitor does not. This eliminates any shifting in the subframe and vibration under severe duty. That’s why our IRS alignment dowel kit is so popular as well.

All for 169.95. 50.00 less than our competitors

https://www.steeda.com/steeda-s550-subframe-alignment-and-support-kit.html

Steeda Tech
Sponsored

bahasad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Premium, 14 BMW F30 Stage 1
Yes, there are differences in the approach Steeda takes in the reduction in wheel hop. Our kit produces less NVH than others due to design. Furthermore, we still use the inner sleeve of the bushing to lock into the Chaasis where the competitor does not. This eliminates any shifting in the subframe and vibration under severe duty. That’s why our IRS alignment dowel kit is so popular as well.

All for 169.95. 50.00 less than our competitors

https://www.steeda.com/steeda-s550-subframe-alignment-and-support-kit.html

Steeda Tech
Great thanks! Looking into some mods for the very near future and this is one of them.

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
10.96 Run

Broke another record at Bradenton this past weekend! Build your own 10 second N/A 2018 S550! Parts list coming soon that everyone can afford!

[ame]

KevinG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP 6SPD Recaros w/black roof
Silly question, since these are aluminum which will be contacting the steel body, should I put some anti-seize/grease where these touch the body to eliminate possible corrosion between dissimilar metals?

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
Silly question, since these are aluminum which will be contacting the steel body, should I put some anti-seize/grease where these touch the body to eliminate possible corrosion between dissimilar metals?
Good question,since the IRS subframe and Chassis are E-coated it is not necessary. Anti-seize grease definitely would give you added protection.

Steeda Tech

Sponsored

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
I had a GT350 I took to Royal Purple Raceway last year. I could not get a good launch on the car due to wheel hop. Completely stock car.

Fast forward to a few weeks ago. I took my 2018 GT to Royal Purple Raceway and made several runs. I have the enthusiast Stop the Hop kit installed on the 18.

Zero hop and the car hooked up all night. I have yet to install the machined bushings on the control arms though but still a world of difference. I will eventually will get around to installing them.

My buddy also has an 18. He has a CAI and tune for 93 on his car. He has factory 235 tires still. I killed him all night. Wheel hop was eating his lunch. He was so mad that he ordered the Stop the Hop kit that night. I helped him install it this past weekend. I imagine with his CAI and tune and now drag radials, he will get the better of me at the next legal street race night. I have zero engine mods at this time.

I highly recommend the Steeda kit.

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I had a GT350 I took to Royal Purple Raceway last year. I could not get a good launch on the car due to wheel hop. Completely stock car.

Fast forward to a few weeks ago. I took my 2018 GT to Royal Purple Raceway and made several runs. I have the enthusiast Stop the Hop kit installed on the 18.

Zero hop and the car hooked up all night. I have yet to install the machined bushings on the control arms though but still a world of difference. I will eventually will get around to installing them.

My buddy also has an 18. He has a CAI and tune for 93 on his car. He has factory 235 tires still. I killed him all night. Wheel hop was eating his lunch. He was so mad that he ordered the Stop the Hop kit that night. I helped him install it this past weekend. I imagine with his CAI and tune and now drag radials, he will get the better of me at the next legal street race night. I have zero engine mods at this time.

I highly recommend the Steeda kit.
Thank you for sharing - appreciate your review & support, many thanks :clap2:

If we can ever assist with anything ... don't hesitate to let us know!

TJ

Sponsored

ForYourOwnGood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue 5.0
I put on the subframe alignment kit and the bushing supports this week, feels great on the car. It completely cured the weird feeling where the rear wheels would seem to drift away from the body of the car when you hit a bump mid-corner.

The alignment kit was a little difficult, I had to tighten and loosen the 21mm bolts several times to get the 4th one lined up, but it worked (and since I wasn't using an impact I didn't strip the threads on the chassis :D ).

Definitely a good improvement, I will probably buy the braces at some point as I didn't realize they fit with the jacking rails when I bought the other parts so I skipped them.

If I could recommend one change to the instructions, I would say that you should put DEFINITELY use grease on the rear lower 2-piece support. It makes it 100x easier to do. The first one I fought with for 20 minutes before lightly greasing every surface besides the outside edge and it slid right in like butter.

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
When you are ready for the braces, let us know!

TJ

Brian V

USA Retired
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015ecoboost premium 201A Nav Sec Race Red
Install Completed. .

20180413_160641.png

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

Brian V

USA Retired
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015ecoboost premium 201A Nav Sec Race Red
Brian ... and, what do you think so far?
after lowering the subframe to do the install to perform the necessary procedure to mount the 3 packages and shock mounts along with the PP springs and your rear sway bar .. I did run into the dreaded alignment of the subframe mounting positioning to true up .

So all in all I am well experienced now with procedure .

Today I am through with the front which went smooth and less stressed ..

Drives with the added overall strengths and tightness that I initially anticipated for the goals of the car ... Nice little burn out too .... feels planted ...

PP wheels coming on with me new set of tyres ...
Sponsored