Mass Effect Field Expert
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Triple Yellow Mustang GT PP
Few points I'd like to add:

1. I don't like any seats for more than 4hr on the road. If it's further than 4hr and it's not a purposeful road trip, I fly.

2. I live in south Texas and it gets ball burning hot here. I have sat in a GT premium with cooled seats and thought they didn't work as well as I had imagined they would. Definitely not cool enough for me to sacrifice lateral stability. The heat in my car was easily remedied with ceramic IR tint all around and and awesome custom fit sunscreen. The heat is greatly reduced in an open no shade parking lot, and the ceramic is so effective the car is cool enough to perk up nipples in less than 2min on a 110'+ day.

3. For maximum track lateral holding performance is vote for cloth RECAROs because they hold better and resist sliding. For the street and a DD I vote leather RECARO.

Just my .02 :cheers:
Sponsored

ShelbyGT350

Shelby GT350
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mach 1 351C Shaker
i'm leaning towards recaros but still not 100% sure. i sat in cloth recaros and hated them......felt like they weren't made for someone over 6' tall. just got back from driving a leather recaro equipped car and they felt a lot better. is the difference the leather vs cloth? or some variation from recaro to recaro?
You might consider getting the factory leather seats w/power/heat/cool/lumbar and getting a TMI recover/seat foam kit (about $1,100) that gives you the bolstering and suede inserts to keep your butt and back planted, but still gives you the power/heat/cool/lumbar and if you order 401A, you can keep your memory seats. The only downside to it is those recovered seats do not have the ability to use seat harnesses (no opening between the front and back of the upper part of the seat). I have been talking to TMI about it and see if there's any way to get that modified. So far they have told me "No" but i'm going to keep pushing them. With the stock leather seats, you can run the upper belts in between the posts that support the adjustable headrest. For a similar install video (on 2005-2012 GT's), look here:

Eric16GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Tech Pack-Avalanche
Well there was your problem right there...... Damn GM seats. Leather, cloth, vinyl, heated, cooled no matter GM seats suck:tsk:

I have back issues as well. I drive GM trucks for work. They suck. My leather power heated/cooled memory seats in my 2013 FX4 are great and the leather power heated/cooled memory seats in my new GT/CS have suede inserts and are absolutely perfect. :first:
I'd have to agree. I had a 13 FX4 and LOVED those seats. I also liked having a rear HVAC vent for the rear passengers, something the Silverado didn't have...I bought the Silverado for the engine. That 5.3 was way better than the stupid Ecoboost.

blk_5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CO 2015 GT PP
i'm leaning towards recaros but still not 100% sure. i sat in cloth recaros and hated them......felt like they weren't made for someone over 6' tall. just got back from driving a leather recaro equipped car and they felt a lot better. is the difference the leather vs cloth? or some variation from recaro to recaro?
6'6 here and i love my cloth recaros :shrug:

Sponsored

Medsport

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard Premium GT automatic
One other thing I thought of...how is it getting in and out of the car with Recaros? I notice that I seem to scrape against the side of the seat when getting out of my base cloth seats so I would think it would be worse with the Recaros and lead to premature wear, but maybe not if you get leather?

Colleton

Mustang Fan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2017 Edge Sport, 2013 Focus ST
I have the leather Recaro seats. If I had it to do over again I'd probably get the power leather seats instead.

The Recaros are great if you're a 150lb teenager, not so much if you're a 200lb grown man.

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium
Recaro seats here as well. I adjusted them the first time I sat in them. From this point on the power part of the power seats is just a waste. I have cooling seats in my other cars and never think to use it. So for me, that would have been a waste. It would be nice to have heated seats though. The Recaro seats in my EvoX had heat, so I'm not sure why ford could not have at least offered that as an option. But I have zero regrets.

FIVE_LITER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT PP Competition Orange
One other thing I thought of...how is it getting in and out of the car with Recaros? I notice that I seem to scrape against the side of the seat when getting out of my base cloth seats so I would think it would be worse with the Recaros and lead to premature wear, but maybe not if you get leather?

I slide against the bolster on my recaros getting in the car mainly when it's parked in the garage, but that will be alleviated once I get a clutch pedal extension and can move the seat back a little bit.

Trackaholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 350Z, 2016 GT350, 2018 Pacifica Hybrid
Love the Recaro seats in the GT350, and would have purchased them for the regular GT as well. Definitely recommend sitting in them to make sure you are happy with the feel.

-T
Sponsored