5LTR550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Efren
Vehicle(s)
2018 Premium GT A10 401a 2017 Focus ST
Vehicle Showcase
I loved my recaros!!!!! im 6ft 300lb and I loved them, I did get the premium seats in my new 18 as no local dealers had a recaro car with the set up I wanted. But I do like the extra comfort of the premium seats over recaro but just because I would make sure to take it easy getting in and out of the recaros as to now wear our the leg support getting in and out.
Sponsored

c-rizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Explorer Sport
I had a love / hate relationship with mine in my 2017 GT PP Premium.

I LOVED the way they looked, and LOVED the way the held me in place when I sat in them. They fit my 6' tall, 180 lbs body well.

But I HATED losing electronic memory seats with my premium package, and HATED losing heated and cooling on the seats too. Also, HATED getting in & out the car, had to sit my butt in & rotate. Now if the seats were memory seats, and slid back when the ignition was off it would have probably been fine. But you loose that functionality with Recaros. (at least with the 2015-2017)

In the end, I think the hate battle won. So I would not get them again, UNLESS I got at least one of those benefits back that I lost with the Recaros.
(either one heated/cooling or electronic/memory positions would sway me back)

hasta_luego

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 T4R TRD Pro, '16 VW GSW
Anyone have the Recaros in their BULLITT, and regret getting them? I've sat in one with Recaros and they seemed a little snug and perhaps pinching in on my back, just down from my armpits. I am 5'9" tall and weigh about 195 lbs. Kinda stocky. I don't care about the loss of the heat and cooling functions.

Weird because I sat in a 2013 BOSS LS and those cloth Recaros felt like the most comfortable seats ever. Pure heaven. I plan to keep this car for many years. And I will also make some very long trips in it, including Route 66. Maybe the Recaros soften up? Maybe the foam will hold up better over time than the stock seats? I have no clue. Appreciate your input.

BrettT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2006 Jetta 2.0T, 2013 Escape SEL
Have the Recaro's in my Bullitt and love them. I'm 5'10+ and about 195 right now (Winter weight), and no problem. They are not hard to get in and out of, you just have to think about getting in. You can't just stick your ass in and land "on" the seat, you sit "in" the seat.

Last edited:

OldPhart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜05 GMC P/U, ā€˜17 Impala, 19 Bullitt
Thoughts on recaros for the bullitt? Car will not be a DD (weekend mountain road driving) and I'm narrowly built. Loss of heated seats is no big deal to me. Wondering if people think it would impact resale to load up with options and not add the seats.
I know there other threads on the comfort of seats but looking for any new thoughts
Thx
I think the value of a forum like this is to hear differing pints of view (hopefully constructive) regarding various aspects of the car, including the optional choices. That and being new to Mustangs are the reasons I joined. As usual, it comes down to personal preference which can be affected by a variety of individual circumstances. For example, me at age 77 with somewhat age typical osteoarthritis, the Recaros are more difficult to enter and exit. That same problem makes the memory feature an additional plus. My last car, a C4 Vette(not a perfect comparison), had sport seats very similar to Recaros and were a motivating factor in my changing cars. When I sat in a GT (which I was originally considering purchasing) with regular seats I experienced a noticeable and positive difference. The memory aspect was just an added bonus. I wonā€™t be driving the car in the winter so heated seats arenā€™t a factor and in this northern part of the country, cooled seats are nice, but not a deal maker or breaker. So, listen to other folksā€™ opinions but really think seriously about your personal situation which may or may not include financial, resale considerations, etc. Happy motoring... Bruce

Sponsored

POJ 1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt build no.301
I love my recaros but I find the drivers seat creaks a lot while the car is in motion
Any one else have this ?
Any suggestions on how to fix it?

Yareen1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Yareen
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt
I love my recaros but I find the drivers seat creaks a lot while the car is in motion
Any one else have this ?
Any suggestions on how to fix it?
Same boat is you. Im a bigger guy and it squeeks all the time rubbing the center console.

POJ 1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt build no.301
My noise seems to be coming from the backrest, not the seat cushion

Docscurlock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2019 Roushcharged F150, 2016 GT350R, 2013 Boss 302LS, 2009 GT/CS, 2000 Cobra R, 1995 Cobra R
Vehicle Showcase
I would also recommend the recaros, I passed by lots of cars that were lacking them. I don't know how anyone can drive fast without them.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
I would get them 100%, I bet more cars will be built w/OUT them then with.

I don't think it would hurt resale at all with a higher MSRP....someone will buy it.
I was looking online tonight on cargurus - thereā€™s currently (151) new Bullitts coming up for 2019, and clicking on many of them, the Recaros outweighed the ā€œstandardā€ front seats in the search results.

I was actually going to start another thread inquiring about which front seats are more common (or more rare) when I stumbled across this thread.

Based on just a small search of only that website, Iā€™d say the Recaros seem to be more common than the standards.

Opinions?

Sponsored

Bullitt0819

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang
I was looking online tonight on cargurus - thereā€™s currently (151) new Bullitts coming up for 2019, and clicking on many of them, the Recaros outweighed the ā€œstandardā€ front seats in the search results.

Opinions?
My first thought was that the uptake on the stock/powered seats was greater than anticipated and now Ford has to unload the Recaros (fine seats, but my Bullitt and I'll bet a lot of them are DDs; if I wanted a track car I'd buy a GT350 or a PP2 and mod it).

I bought the first Bullitt out of the local dealer's showroom in Dec. '018. Now, he has a couple on the lot; all three were stock/powered/heated/cooled. I haven't heard that Ford has a production limit on the '19; I suspect they'll build as many as people want to buy, with whatever seats you want.

OldPhart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜05 GMC P/U, ā€˜17 Impala, 19 Bullitt

I was actually going to start another thread inquiring about which front seats are more common (or more rare) when I stumbled across this thread.

Based on just a small search of only that website, Iā€™d say the Recaros seem to be more common than the standards.

Opinions?
Cost aside, logic might suggest that perhaps Recaros would be even more popular if not for the fact the Bullitt has attracted a lot of older drivers because of the movie and relevant history of the car. I suspect that the ā€˜60s retro look of the later generation Mustangs has also attracted my peers who had Mustangs back then. While I never owned a Mustang (I had GTO OCD) I include my self in that era as I saw the movie when it came out and many of us seniors are more into comfort than speed. Relax, I know Iā€™m generalizing and Iā€™m not saying they are not comfortable to ride in but getting into and out of them is more of a chore and we older guys tend to have (how shall I politely say this) a problem where our upper body muscles have slid down to our mid-section and that can make the seats a little snug. Iā€™ve mentioned this in a previous post, but I tried both seats before buying, as well as having owned a ā€˜92 Vette with very similar sport seats. In addition, another old age benefit is the memory function which also assists in entering and exiting the car and some of us (not overly important to me) like the heating and cooling function. When I first got the Vette I loved how they felt when speeding around on back country roads, but those days are history for me - weā€™ll maybe not completely. So, Iā€™m not surprised the Recaros are more common, but there are legitimate non-monetary reasons for some of us getting the standard seat, which by the way, my wife also finds very comfortable - another factor. So please have an open mind about issues like this. Old guys rule and so can comfort if youā€™re one of them. Just be impressed that at our age(77 in my case), some of us are still into cool cars... Bruce

BrettT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2006 Jetta 2.0T, 2013 Escape SEL

Opinions?
Checking the dealer inventory within 150km (90 miles) of me Vancouver/Lower Mainland/Vancouver Island, there are 12 Bullits, and 2 have Recaro's.

It's definitely a personal thing. My Bullitt is not a DD, if it was I may have got the Standard Seats, but it is a "Special" car for me, so I wanted the "Special" seats. I have always wanted Recaro's since I was a kid, so it was also fulfilling a "dream" for me.

Voo Doo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ric
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT DHG
Checking the dealer inventory within 150km (90 miles) of me Vancouver/Lower Mainland/Vancouver Island, there are 12 Bullits, and 2 have Recaro's.

It's definitely a personal thing. My Bullitt is not a DD, if it was I may have got the Standard Seats, but it is a "Special" car for me, so I wanted the "Special" seats. I have always wanted Recaro's since I was a kid, so it was also fulfilling a "dream" for me.
So, mine and only one more?? Iā€™ve seen more!!!....Brett...you going to the Sunday Ahow in North Van???

rocky5517

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
sam
Vehicle(s)
ford explorer 67 riviera
I would think that on the plus side they are comfortable for hi- perf driving, but for a DD I wouldn;t take them. Manual/ no heat / no Ac. How do you justify this expenditure to your wife?
Sponsored