Recaro Airbag

Shepherd308

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gabe
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang GT
Hey guys I just picked up a set of leather Recaro Seats with a bad driver side airbag. They stitched it up but never put a new one in. I sourced the airbag for the driver side since it was missing from Airbagcenter. I currently have my stock seats from my 17 gt base in the car. If I put the new airbag in will it set off any lights? Btw the recaros are from a 17 mustang as well. I was just wondering if there's anything I have to do to the SRS system in these cars because the airbag on the driver seat went off.

Screenshot_20221024-100930_Facebook.jpg
Sponsored

SHOdaddy68

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daryl
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP Premium w/Recaro
If the airbag part number is the same for both seats it will work. You may get an SRS fault code either way. Typically you will need someone with access to the factory scan tool or the dealer to clear the SRS and re-set the system.
If you are doing the install yourself, make sure the battery is disconnected for about 10 minutes before you start disconnecting any SRS/Airbag connectors.

OP
OP
Shepherd308

Shepherd308

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gabe
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang GT
If the airbag part number is the same for both seats it will work. You may get an SRS fault code either way. Typically you will need someone with access to the factory scan tool or the dealer to clear the SRS and re-set the system.
If you are doing the install yourself, make sure the battery is disconnected for about 10 minutes before you start disconnecting any SRS/Airbag connectors.
Got it! I've tried looking on the forum for any info but I haven't come across a thread where someone has done this before. It's interesting cause everyone seems to find these seats with the driver side airbag deployed

SHOdaddy68

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daryl
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP Premium w/Recaro
Looking at your pic a little closer, it appears the seat frame on that one may be twisted? I'm in collision repair and we see that quite often with a seat SRS deployment or hard impact from the rear.
LT seat airbag in my system is part # FR3Z63611D11C and does not specify with or without Recaro and fits 2015 to 2017.
The upper Recaro seat frame is part # FR3Z6361019A with a list price of $1,427.27. Fits 2015 to 2022.

OP
OP
Shepherd308

Shepherd308

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gabe
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang GT
Looking at your pic a little closer, it appears the seat frame on that one may be twisted? I'm in collision repair and we see that quite often with a seat SRS deployment or hard impact from the rear.
LT seat airbag in my system is part # FR3Z63611D11C and does not specify with or without Recaro and fits 2015 to 2017.
The upper Recaro seat frame is part # FR3Z6361019A with a list price of $1,427.27. Fits 2015 to 2022.
I got these things for a steal. Lol the guy who had them had put them in his car and said everything fit up fine. I did fine an airbag and I'm waiting for it to come in so I can place in the driver side. I'll look at the Ford part#. Thank you

Sponsored

OP
OP
Shepherd308

Shepherd308

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gabe
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang GT
all right guys i got the seats in, and managed to pull my original airbag and put it into the driver side Recaro seat. However im still getting an airbag light. Could it be that i need to swap the passenger side bladder as well? I looked at the sensors and both of them have the same part #. Im wondering if that is the issue. Thanks

OP
OP
Shepherd308

Shepherd308

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gabe
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang GT
Update: For anyone wanting to repair and replace the airbags in the Recaro seats. It can be done. i took my originals out and everything came out fine. I used Forscan to check the DTC and all I got was the OCS sensor. I cleared the code since the sensor in the Recaro was the same PN as the one in my oem. The light is off and no more codes being thrown.