paullyd210

paullyd210

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
A ticking time bomb ;)
Got the car back here are the parts they used for the fix. I looked under the car and saw three lines wrapped in a heat shield, but still see that heat can affect some portions of lines. I guess time will tell.

Here are the parts they used: anyone know if this is the complete list of parts?

FR3Z-9A032-B HEAT SHEILD
FR3Z-9B149-A FUEL SYSTEM CONVERSION KIT
FR3Z-9B149-B FUEL SYSTEM CONVERSION KIT
FR3Z-2B085-A SHIELD

Just wanted to make sure the job was completed; Ford doesn't provide a list of parts needed to my knowledge.

Thanks
My dealer ordered exactly the same parts well minus TA-25-B adhesive , which your dealer probably had in stock already.
image.jpg
Sponsored

shockme66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 50th Annv. Magnetic
My dealer ordered exactly the same parts well minus TA-25-B adhesive , which your dealer probably had in stock already.
Thanks!! Makes me feel better. :ford:

tsunami

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium EcoBoost Convertible
Recall wait time...

Not too bad wait time...1-5 weeks. My Toyota was recalled...parts were not even being manufactured 6 months after the recall started (according to service department). Took another 3 months for my dealer to call me in for the fix.

Papaya

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Holger
Vehicle(s)
F150 2.7 EcoBoost
My dealer bought my Mustang back and guess what? Got a letter from FORD Canada. My EB Mustang is one of the 19,500 scheduled for this recall. This car is one piece of shxx. Luckily I don't own it anymore.....

dspenc8888

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dawn
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Oxford White EB Prem 50Anniv, 201A
I'm completely happy with the EB, it's absolutely perfect. Remember compared to total sales the issues are really few. There are recalls on all cars, including ones with $100k pricetag.

Sponsored

Renner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT SOLD-2015 Ecoboost SOLD
My dealer bought my Mustang back and guess what? Got a letter from FORD Canada. My EB Mustang is one of the 19,500 scheduled for this recall. This car is one piece of shxx. Luckily I don't own it anymore.....
You are kidding right? Its a simple recall that they are fixing and you are saying the car is a piece of shit? :crazy:

shockme66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 50th Annv. Magnetic

I have had many cars including those that are "German Engineered" and this issue is really nothing . Those other cars had the most issues, but VW/Audi never likes to issue a recall just TSB's.

When you buy a car that is a total restyle/design from the last 5 years on year 1 you are taking a bit of a risk. The 2018 model would be the best Mustang in this series due to the fact most issues will be ironed out. It's part of the game just deal with it or wait and buy if you don't have the stomach for it.

dgc333

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Anyone know why this recall only applies to the Ecoboost? All three engines have their exhaust running under the car in the same place subjecting the underside to heat in the same places. Being that the GT has larger diameter pipes the exhaust will be slightly closer possibly subjecting the underside to more heat. After market exhaust could make the situation better or worse.

Almost seems like this may be an over reaction on Fords part.

Really don't want to bring my car to the dealer so I haven't decided if I am going to have the recall done or not.

neodark

Left 4cyl @home
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jorge
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP2
Anyone know why this recall only applies to the Ecoboost? All three engines have their exhaust running under the car in the same place subjecting the underside to heat in the same places. Being that the GT has larger diameter pipes the exhaust will be slightly closer possibly subjecting the underside to more heat. After market exhaust could make the situation better or worse.

Almost seems like this may be an over reaction on Fords part.

Really don't want to bring my car to the dealer so I haven't decided if I am going to have the recall done or not.
Turbo = more exhaust heat. :D

Papaya

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Holger
Vehicle(s)
F150 2.7 EcoBoost
No glue - put like to talk?

You are kidding right? Its a simple recall that they are fixing and you are saying the car is a piece of shit? :crazy:
People are funny! If - and only if - you have not read:
http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showpost.php?p=577180&postcount=536

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showpost.php?p=551867&postcount=446

You don't have to read through all this posts. The Mustang in the pictures was my car. And no. I didn't got rear ended. But still the dealer had to cut out all windows, grinding up the edges on the trunk lid, welded straight edges on that the trunk lid fitted "a bit better" to the quarter panels. I am sure you agree that if someone who buys a car with a window sticker of $43,000 could expect that this will NOT happen to his brand new car?

And now look at the numbers. From 19,500 are only 391 delivered to Canada. And with all the b.s. alignment issues, that car is one of 391 for that recall!
Yes! That Mustang was a piece of shxx and will still be!

Don't get me wrong. We have on our 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee already 8 recalls for technical issues. That happens with a 1st year model. I understand that. No problem.

The problems start when the whole body looks like the vehicle did fall off a truck, windows get cut out, fenders, bumpers, doors, hood, taken off and the car still looks like a accident car.
Do you really think that the FORD dealer buys back a car what isn't a lemon?

*sorry for the off-topic post but some people don't get it* :cheers:

Sponsored

dgc333

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Turbo = more exhaust heat. :D
I can't see that there will be that much more heat when get that far down the exhaust that would warrant heat shields for the Ecoboost and not the v6 or v8.

Regardless of the engine configuration exhaust gas temps have to be kept in check.

martin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost; coupe; guard; dark-saddle; MT; PP; Nav;
I now think I will wait. The chances of a fire are tiny. I will wait till the parts come in and they can practice on someone else's car. I also am not in a rush to have the dealer scratch my car

disneyfun1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Art
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Prem Calif Special, 2021 Mustang Mach-E
we got the recall done about 2 weeks ago. took them 6 1/2 hours to do it, had to remove exhaust, drop fuel tank, etc. after all that, they forgot to do the oil change i wanted so i had to wait!

then after we got it home, my wife noticed it was louder-its her car, had to take it back and they didnt seat the exhaust system correctly when they put it back together so they had to fix that again.

now its all fixed.

I8ACHEVY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Deep Impact Blue EcoBoost Premium A/T
Called dealer today to make an appointment. They are still waiting on one recall part before they can do the work. No ETA.
Sponsored