Sponsored

Recall and Immediate Stop Sale on 8,026 GT350 and GT350R Models: Engine Oil Cooler

BNNGCA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA
So what is the current status? Are the 17's selling and being distributed again or still in holding pattern? Been watching dealers within 100 miles or so and it seems like nothing has changed in a month or so. Of course one dealer is asking 76k for a non R but..still.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Zombo

befejezett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack - Race Red, Blk Roof - G5405
So what is the current status? Are the 17's selling and being distributed again or still in holding pattern? Been watching dealers within 100 miles or so and it seems like nothing has changed in a month or so. Of course on dealer is asking 76k for a non R but..still.
If it's built on or after 9/01/16, it's fine - no recall

johnny1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Had new a 16 GT350 and 17 GT350
I've got a dealer trade 2017 coming from northeast Missouri to southeast Kansas and it has the recall. Aug. 30 2016 was the cut off date of recalls. I'm kind a surprised a dealer could have even ordered a 2017 that early in the beginning of the 2017 season. But I guess the plus is it should be a lower production number 2017 which should increase value some.

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
I was at the dealer today for an oil change and they didn't have the hoses available. I didn't ask, but they saw the recall and checked for the hoses anyway.
I called in the service dept to check. They checked and said it would take about a week for the new hose to arrive. Scheduled the service, and oil change, along with the AC not working intermittently 3 weeks from now. I'll give them a call a week before then to confirm they have the hose they ordered.

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
Pen mark is a good idea. How many changes/how many miles/any slippage according to the mark?
2 changes, data logging, many dyno pulls no movement period.

Sponsored

IA350

Ruby Voodoo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2007 Shelby GT, 2017 GT350
Got a call from my dealer today that they have my oil cooler tube in stock but are waiting on some type of clip that is on back order before they can do the recall. So should be soon now.

5.Oh Crush

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ra
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Got a call from my dealer today that they have my oil cooler tube in stock but are waiting on some type of clip that is on back order before they can do the recall. So should be soon now.
My dealer said to call Ford. They are clueless.

jwhite

jwhite
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J. Brad
Vehicle(s)
15 Gt PP Roush SC'ed/16 GT 350 TrackPack 1970 Mach1
I'm getting ready to take a road trip down to Atlanta area tomorrow, about 700 miles one way. So I took my car to the dealer just for a visual inspection of the cooler line. Service manager made a few calls and long story short, he's going to have the new updated line in 6 days! So the lines are coming out!
Side note the original line on the car lookes fine, and I trust this tech %100. So off I go to Atlanta and some mountain driving through Tennessee, Kentucky on my way to Georgia!

5.Oh Crush

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ra
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I'm getting ready to take a road trip down to Atlanta area tomorrow, about 700 miles one way. So I took my car to the dealer just for a visual inspection of the cooler line. Service manager made a few calls and long story short, he's going to have the new updated line in 6 days! So the lines are coming out!
Side note the original line on the car lookes fine, and I trust this tech %100. So off I go to Atlanta and some mountain driving through Tennessee, Kentucky on my way to Georgia!
Awesome drive to ATL. Drove it last summer down I-81. Eat some Varsity! Thinking about going to Ponies in Smokies in a few weeks.
PS. Use your Waze Ap!

:cheers:

Sponsored

shelbyman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sandy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 350 Track Package White w/blue stripes
I talked to the service tech at the dealership I'm going to take the car for the recall and he said he was going to write up a repair order on the car and would let me know when the part was there. But it seemed like he didn't think it would be that long...maybe a week or so. So we'll see...:shrug:

I've had my car to 4 track events so far and haven't had any issues yet.:thumbsup: Still thinking about ordering a set of lines from TJ at some point.

roycemek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
I talked to the service tech at the dealership I'm going to take the car for the recall and he said he was going to write up a repair order on the car and would let me know when the part was there. But it seemed like he didn't think it would be that long...maybe a week or so. So we'll see...:shrug:

I've had my car to 4 track events so far and haven't had any issues yet.:thumbsup: Still thinking about ordering a set of lines from TJ at some point.
I noticed you are in SoCal. Which dealership are you using and would you recommend? I bought my car out of state and am a little hesitant with any service. Thanks.

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
Purchased my recalled 2017 a week ago Tuesday. Part shipped Thursday last week. Dealership received the part Tuesday this week. Car was fixed by close of business Tuesday. I picked her up yesterday with 8.5 miles on the clock. So, the parts are shipping and the fix is less than 1/2 day.

PencilGeek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R HR278, 2008 BMW M3

The recall parts are in stock at the Sacramento, CA warehouse. My dealer did some investigation and here's what they told me. They don't have a normal part number that can be ordered by a dealer. The part can't be ordered without a VIN and work order from the dealer. My dealer found a way around the work order stuff, but the VIN is what tripped me up. My car is up in Canada, waiting for the recall parts to come in. Canadian customer service said it could be up to 30+ days before they arrive. That's why I called my local dealer and tried to order it myself. I'm in Northern California. After successfully placing the order, today the dealer got an update that the VIN matched the car in Canada, it had been ordered by the Canadian dealership on March 2nd, so they couldn't send a second set to my local dealer. I guess I just have to wait it out for the part to arrive in Canada, then go pick up the car.