Sponsored

Recall and Immediate Stop Sale on 8,026 GT350 and GT350R Models: Engine Oil Cooler

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
This is mine. Putting filtermags on it today.

I don't know how that setup would help.

If the filter is wanting to move due to vibrations, I don't think the clamp is going to stop it. It just going to move under the clamp. Its not like the clamp is squeezing a "hose" onto the filter.
Sponsored

Zombo

befejezett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack - Race Red, Blk Roof - G5405
I don't see how this won't work if executed correctly? I plan on doing this.

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I don't see how this won't work if executed correctly? I plan on doing this.

Its a round piece of medal gripping a round piece of medal, with the nut braced against the car. If the 18 lbs torque isn't working, I don't think that is stopping it from slipping.

Falconetti

cash me outside howbow da
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1, 1994 SVT COBRA
Its a round piece of medal gripping a round piece of medal, with the nut braced against the car. If the 18 lbs torque isn't working, I don't think that is stopping it from slipping.
If there was a dampening agent under the hose clamp it may do something. someone should make a rubber band for the filter and stamp their name on it and sell it

#oilfilterdamper

Zombo

befejezett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack - Race Red, Blk Roof - G5405
The 18 lb-ft of torque does work - this is what Ford specifies. This is just a additional safety measure. I would think it would take a hell of a lot more than 18 lb-ft to slip a properly tightened clamp about the filter body.

Sponsored

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
I don't know how that setup would help.

If the filter is wanting to move due to vibrations, I don't think the clamp is going to stop it. It just going to move under the clamp. Its not like the clamp is squeezing a "hose" onto the filter.
The clamp is tight around the filter. How WONT it help? It stops it from turning when it's making contact with the housing. It's not going to loosen.

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
If there was a dampening agent under the hose clamp it may do something. someone should make a rubber band for the filter and stamp their name on it and sell it

#oilfilterdamper

When I first read the description, I thought that somehow the clamp was placed across the Filter and the Housing. but its just tightened down on the filter hoping that the clamp doesn't slip when the nut hit the car. With all the vibration, not sure its offering much security.

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
The filter is not under power. It has no force to move the clamp. You can get a cushioned clamp that has rubber on it if it makes you feel better but honestly both work. The main reason why they come lose is from the lack of torque. You can safely torque it to 25-30 lb-ft without any problems.

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
When I first read the description, I thought that somehow the clamp was placed across the Filter and the Housing. but its just tightened down on the filter hoping that the clamp doesn't slip when the nut hit the car. With all the vibration, not sure its offering much security.
You do realize that you are tightening the clamp correct? Even though it's metal on metal it's still preventing the filter from working lose. Your over thinking this.

Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
my dealer said it would void the warranty
Hilarious!

The last time I was at the dealer they offered to lubricate my caliper slides. :doh:

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
This is very secure it would take a hell of a lot of force to make the clamp to move.
I have it backed off slightly from the housing so I can see if it actually does move the slightest..and it still won't leak even after it moves that tiny bit.
You don't want to tighten the clamp so tight that it crushes the filter. This type of clamp puts force around 95% of the diameter of the filter. It's tough as nails...will not move.

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
This is very secure it would take a hell of a lot of force to make the clamp to move.
I have it backed off slightly from the housing so I can see if it actually does move the slightest..and it still won't leak even after it moves that tiny bit.
You don't want to tighten the clamp so tight that it crushes the filter. This type of clamp puts force around 95% of the diameter of the filter. It's tough as nails...will not move.
I usually put a paint pen mark across the clamp and filter to quickly visualize if it's moved or not.

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
I usually put a paint pen mark across the clamp and filter to quickly visualize if it's moved or not.
Pen mark is a good idea. How many changes/how many miles/any slippage according to the mark?
Sponsored