Sponsored

Recall and Immediate Stop Sale on 8,026 GT350 and GT350R Models: Engine Oil Cooler

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
Did you compare the recall lines with the stock lines?
I did not. I had some meetings to attend to while they did the work.
Sponsored

T101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350, 2016 Fiesta ST, 2014 Taurus SHO, 1998 SVT Contour, 1997 SVT Cobra, 1998 Volvo V70R
Something not right with this story. Sounds to me like maybe his oil filter came loose and leaked slowly... Speculation of course.
Well rb92gt, You called it, it was the oil filter!:headbonk:

Misted the bottom of the splitter / belly pan, sprayed everywhere, so when I saw the canard under the oil cooler covered in oil, I made an assumption.

I overreacted probably, but whatever, the recall on the lines is done now and I got my oil changed.

So to clarify, my oil cooler lines DID NOT FAIL, I saw oil everywhere and made an assumption, that is my mistake.

That said, I have not seen the car yet, I'll go pick it up tomorrow morning around 8am East Coast time.

Mspeedster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Deep Impact Blue Track Pak
How would customers know it's the new and improved parts being installed vs. the old 'defective' parts? Just asking based on what I've read here, same part #...
While the part # is the same, one clue is the date. I believe this pic was posted by T101 on facebook. As he mentions above, although the issue turned out to be his oil filter, the dealer did complete his recall anyway. One could assume the new lines will have a similar date of 01/10/17 or newer. The problem is we don't really know the official start date of the revised hoses.

rb92gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Cooled Tech
Great News

Well rb92gt, You called it, it was the oil filter!:headbonk:

Misted the bottom of the splitter / belly pan, sprayed everywhere, so when I saw the canard under the oil cooler covered in oil, I made an assumption.

I overreacted probably, but whatever, the recall on the lines is done now and I got my oil changed.

So to clarify, my oil cooler lines DID NOT FAIL, I saw oil everywhere and made an assumption, that is my mistake.

That said, I have not seen the car yet, I'll go pick it up tomorrow morning around 8am East Coast time.
Great news for you! I just know with 100psi of pressure if the lines should fail all the oil will be gone in seconds and the motor will seize very rapidly. Do you know who did your last oil change and if they torqued the filter to specs?

T101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350, 2016 Fiesta ST, 2014 Taurus SHO, 1998 SVT Contour, 1997 SVT Cobra, 1998 Volvo V70R
Great news for you! I just know with 100psi of pressure if the lines should fail all the oil will be gone in seconds and the motor will seize very rapidly. Do you know who did your last oil change and if they torqued the filter to specs?
Billy Howell Ford in Cumming Georgia.
And no, I simply assumed. But the oil was changed mid last year, so it's been a few months before it started leaking.

Sponsored

Zombo

befejezett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack - Race Red, Blk Roof - G5405
While the part # is the same, one clue is the date. I believe this pic was posted by T101 on facebook. As he mentions above, although the issue turned out to be his oil filter, the dealer did complete his recall anyway. One could assume the new lines will have a similar date of 01/10/17 or newer. The problem is we don't really know the official start date of the revised hoses.

Considering cars built after 9/1/16 are not affected by the recall, logic would indicate that hoses built after this date would have to be "new", unless the cars after this date will be recalled later.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
seems to me whatever machine was improperly crimping the lines was recalibrated/repaired and production went on, no need for a revised part number.
Usually the reason for changing a part number is to avoid confusing the good parts with the bad. I'm not sure that identification is so easy in this case. Say the tag is missing off the line.

GT_Dave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mach 1 408EFI , 2016 GT350
My company makes thousands of parts for the OEM's, including Mustang components. If the part design does not change, anything associated with the part number will not change. In this case where it is a process change to the same design, the parts would only be traceable by the date of manufacture and lot #.

Sponsored

tebeller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
looking for GT350
So do you put it in Valet Mode when you give it to them for the fix? I haven't had a car like this before and I would worry that some young idiot takes it out for a spin.

My dealer has my hose, btw. He said he had to get another part for the fix... a pin of some sort. What is that about?

GT_Dave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mach 1 408EFI , 2016 GT350
Most likely the C clip that locks the hose to the receiver.

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
seems to me whatever machine was improperly crimping the lines was recalibrated/repaired and production went on, no need for a revised part number.
Correct but anytime a repair or update is made a new part number is issued to avoid confusion as to what part you're getting. We have no way of knowing if they are new old stock hoses or the latest version with the correct crimp.

VOODOO 6G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
Considering cars built after 9/1/16 are not affected by the recall, logic would indicate that hoses built after this date would have to be "new", unless the cars after this date will be recalled later.
I doubt that because they're still selling the ones made after that date. I can't see them doing that if they know there is a possible problem. Seems they would have been on the no test drive/sale list.

As far as how to know a good hose from a bad one without changing the part number.... I would say by date and imagine all stock hoses that are "bad" will be destroyed.
Sponsored