JHN52

JHN52

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Premium PP - Rapid Red
Since their air two adjustment points on the mirror, try moving the upper adjustment point and readjusting the lower point to put the mirror to where you can see.

What you have most likely found is the harmonic resonance of the tuning device(mirror). Your car is producing some frequency at that speed that matches and amplifies the shaking of the mirror. Like a previous poster mentioned a blend mount (weight) or trying to change the leveler angle(tuning length) could clear up the issue.

Funny enough another way that might work would be to take off a wheel weight to introduce a different vibration.
Perhaps you're right. Thanks.
Sponsored

ILStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GT Premium, Oxford White
Along the same lines as removing a wheel weight, simply rotating the tires could potentially change the harmonics/vibrations.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
so you're concerned about doing 95mph and needing a clear image in the rear view mirror?
:computerrage:Yeah should be watching the road LMAO, I am sure the OP never drove a Harley more LMAO

Son of SVO

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2020 HPP Ecoboost premium coupe
Hi all, I'm always interested in vibration threads hoping to get feedback that might help with my own issues. I've had what seems to be different vibrations at speed with my car almost from new. Did all the usual stuff with wheels tires, balance, tire pressure, etc. Certainly helped . I had a serious cowl shake with mirror shake 75-85 and just couldn't figure it. Last fall in the course of normal maintenance I had all four brake rotors, pad and hardware replaced. Boom! Cowl shake gone! Must of had an out of balance rotor! My car is a Handing Pack car with the aggressive front pads. Both rotors were quite worn when I replaced them.
Something else to think about. Rotors spin with the wheels and tires, after all...

Last edited:

Oakley

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang
you guys really are overthinking the shit out of this. its not a Bugatti.

Sponsored

BlackandBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
you guys really are overthinking the shit out of this. its not a Bugatti.
Interesting you stopped by to think of a way to say we are overthinking something…

Actual thinking could have stopped your comment. Also capitalize or I think you are a trained money on a keyboard which judging by your comment……

OP
OP
JHN52

JHN52

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Along the same lines as removing a wheel weight, simply rotating the tires could potentially change the harmonics/vibrations.
I understand.

Oakley

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang
Interesting you stopped by to think of a way to say we are overthinking something…

Actual thinking could have stopped your comment. Also capitalize or I think you are a trained money on a keyboard which judging by your comment……
you think this is a legit warranty concern?

compile data. do a survey. i bet you a buffalo nickel every PP1 or greater non magneride car does this and maybe even those with the fancy suspension.

OP
OP
JHN52

JHN52

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Hi all, I'm always interested in vibration threads hoping to get feedback that might help with my own issues. I've had what seems to be different vibrations at speed with my car almost from new. Did all the usual stuff with wheels tires, balance, tire pressure, etc. Certainly helped . I had a serious cowl shake with mirror shake 75-85 and just couldn't figure it. Last fall in the course of normal maintenance I had all four brake rotors, pad and hardware replaced. Boom! Cowl shake gone! Must of had an out of balance rotor! My car is a Handing Pack car with the aggressive front pads. Both rotors were quite worn when I replaced them.
Something else to think about. Rotors spin with the wheels and tires, after all...
Something to look at. It is a 2022 GT Premium 6-spd with PP1 and PP2. Only has 4,000 mi. Tires are always at 32psi.

OP
OP
JHN52

JHN52

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Folks. I'm really sorry to launch a thread that causes friction. When/if I discover what it is, I'll return and close this out. In the meantime, enjoy Spring wherever you are.

Sponsored

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
Since their there air are two adjustment points on the mirror, try moving the upper adjustment point and readjusting the lower point to put the mirror to where you can see.

What you have most likely found is the harmonic resonance of the tuning device(mirror). Your car is producing some frequency at that speed that matches and amplifies the shaking of the mirror. Like a previous poster mentioned a blend mount (weight) or trying to change the leveler angle(tuning length) could clear up the issue.
This.

I had the same issue. Doing this fixed it. It's just an odd harmonic vibration that adjusting the mirror a bit will tame.

NCAMG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Had the same issue with a 2019 Bullitt. Dealer replaced mirror no difference. Bought a $12.00 mirror from Amazon no difference. I then adjusted the mirror and epoxied the swivel joint. Problem 90% fixed. I know this doesn’t shed light on what the problem is but there is a fix for me at least.

NCAMG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
BTW of the five cars I own only the Bullitt had the mirror vibration and the only car with the mirror attached to the windshield.

GregO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GTPP
I have a 2022 GT, 6 speed, PP2, with 5,000 miles. At speeds between 80-95mph, the rearview mirror image starts to vibrate such that the image appears to bounce and become blurry.
The S550 body is a very rigid structure and is like a tuning fork that picks up a bunch of different frequencies.
You might want to consider having a conversation with your dealer asking to rack the car and having the Differential pinion yoke runout verified with a machinist dial indicator.
You should also ask to have the driveshaft sent out for balancing validation.

I hope this helps.

Last edited:

melwff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 M2486
I suffer this as well, again wheels balanced No steering shaking or other …my bonnet vibrates at speed
If only bonnet/hood, install a pair of hood gas strut supports such as Redline
Sponsored