Sponsored

Rear quarter panel to bumper alignment !

montreal ponies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Ruby red GT350
Anyone knows how to adjust the rear quarter panel to bumper cover !

I'm trying to close in the gap which should've been done at the factory. :headbonk:

I removed the inner trunk lining and rear light assembly with no success.

I did already adjust the front fender to bumper easily by removing wheel well liner . Is the rear the same way ?

Thanks guys

Sponsored

zombiekiller

warranties are 4 wussies
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
16 gt350, 66 galaxie,a Tesla, and an AMG G63
Anyone knows how to adjust the rear quarter panel to bumper cover !

I'm trying to close in the gap which should've been done at the factory. :headbonk:

I removed the inner trunk lining and rear light assembly with no success.

I did already adjust the front fender to bumper easily by removing wheel well liner . Is the rear the same way ?

Thanks guys

mine is off too. after 2 attempts by the dealer with the gap getting better in some spots and worse in others, i just decided to leave it alone.

The first adjustment required them taking the entire bumper off because the installed at the factory missed one of the tabs and there was no other way to get the buldge out.

how it passed QC, i'll never know.

Rorysbrown

Threads
Reaction score
Website
mymustang.ca
First Name
Rory
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang Coupe 2.3L High Performance + HP + 6M
I and my friends GT350 has the same issue.

I also had my left taillight too far in so I used some rubber spacers to fix that issue.

I have the side splitter defects like discussed on another thread. My drivers side one is extremely noticeable like pictured in that thread. My passenger side, not so much but can be noticed. My dealer has the replacement parts on order.

The rust on my exhaust from brand new is terrible and should never have been allowed to leave a dealer like that. I have to pay to clean it up because the dealer can't get Ford to cover it. Ford Canada's first answer was "no, because it isn't a show car", Wow is all I could say to the dealer I bought it from, though they are asking again with Ford Canada.

Pretty sad for a car at this price to have these issues. Even with these issues, I still love the car and Ford knows that, so they don't care.

Last edited:

VoodooShelby

What a bad_ss car
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Sorry to hear about your QC issues with body fitment and rusting exhaust. It's appalling that Ford would allow the lack of quality & craftsmanship. The disconnect between the people in charge that make the decisions that allow a car to pass a QC inspection and the people at Track Day that are Ford Performance engineers, enthusiast employees and Brand Manager Mark Shaller are not of one mindset. Ford Performance designs the most top of the line Mustang ever and manufacturing can't execute at the level needed to accommodate the customers expectations.
And I am still buying one...

mattlqx

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mach 1, '16 F-150, '14 Fiesta ST, '14 Audi A7
I did a warranty for the rear passenger gap alignment and they made it smaller but it's still a largish gap. "That's just how it comes."

Sponsored

OP
OP
montreal ponies

montreal ponies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Ruby red GT350
I did a warranty for the rear passenger gap alignment and they made it smaller but it's still a largish gap. "That's just how it comes."
Oh well, i'll go through the rear wheel well and remove liner tomorrow and see if it's held in place like the front is.

The problem i have found where the front fender meets the bumper cover was a screw that was not proprely tighten. Took me all of 2 minutes to fix once the wheel well liner was removed.

Pisses me off to have to do this but i'd rather do the work myself. The less i see the dealership the better i'll sleep.

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
It was suggested to me that loosening up the bolts behind the rear bumper above the marker lights was your best bet. I haven't tried it since I just came to accept it.

As others have stated its a pretty common issue. You might get it better in one spot, but might make it worse in another. Chances are it will never be dead nuts straight as even removing the entire bumper doesn't work on all cases.

My best advice is to come to the acceptance that it's an across the board issue and going to bet there. Turn on your car, put it in sport mode, and go hit a windy road. Find your peace with the gap while accelerating through the apex and move on. That's what I did.

RWDNUT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Leadfoot Gray GT350R
Mine was like that the day of delivery....I noticed it right away as I walked up to the car. Dealer "fixed" the gap. It looks 10% better lmao....I can still put a CC in the gap. I will just deal with it....seems every other GT350 is the same way....even an R model I saw.

OP
OP
montreal ponies

montreal ponies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Ruby red GT350
Working on it as we speak. Will update later.

dkbluedevil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Mine is bad too. Been that way since it showed up at the dealer. One dealer attempt at improving it helped a tiny bit but not much. Saw another one on Thursday brand new at the dealer waiting to be picked up by the new owner; much much later chassis number than mine, and the gaps were even worse. I thought at one point it was a problem that the factory had improved during production, but apparently it's just as bad lately as it was early on.

Sponsored

350_Dreamer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
06 Lincoln LS, 16 GT350
Working on it as we speak. Will update later.
@ Montreal- is there a tab or clip in this section? When I look through the gap on mine there appears to be a tab or clip not engaged. But, Id say mine is at a 3mm margin in the boxed section but is even RH to LH so I haven't gone any further with it.
rear bumper tab.JPG

OP
OP
montreal ponies

montreal ponies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Ruby red GT350
double post

OP
OP
montreal ponies

montreal ponies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Ruby red GT350
How did you align the fender and bumper when u pulled the liner out? I tried but couldn't figure it out.
Did you pull the wheel well plastic shield ? That is step #1.

Once that is out of the way, look inside the wheel well on the right where the fender meets the bumper, there is an attachment block that holds the fender and bumper together. Just above it you'll see a single screw sitting vertically.

It is a bit hard to get to it, but i was able to get s small wratchet and remove it since it was stripped and i replaced it with a bigger one and re-tighten it and that fixed the gap.

Myshelby3425

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Did you pull the wheel well plastic shield ? That is step #1.

Once that is out of the way, look inside the wheel well on the right where the fender meets the bumper, there is an attachment block that holds the fender and bumper together. Just above it you'll see a single screw sitting vertically.

It is a bit hard to get to it, but i was able to get s small wratchet and remove it since it was stripped and i replaced it with a bigger one and re-tighten it and that fixed the gap.
Yea I got this far. Mine has the gap filled it's just not aligned with the fender. Bumper sticks a little further out and does line up flush to the fender.
Sponsored