Sponsored

Rear pad click normal ? (video

EF300

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2020 GT500 CFTP
My car has an audible click that comes from all four corners but mostly the rear during light breaking . This is most evident at low speeds. It happens in forward and reverse. I think I have isolated it to brake pad noise. And I can re-create it by jostling the pad with my finger .

I feel like this noise occurred when I first got the car with the stock pads on it. I have since put on Carbotech Low dust pads for Street driving. The noise continues but appears to be slightly louder.

It seems like a little bit loose in the housing. Is this something I should be worried about?

There is a similar noise coming from the Front pads as well but the rear is definitely louder

Should I do something to fix it ? if so how do I fix it?

ty

Sponsored

The Chairman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘09 GT500KR & ‘16 GT350 Track Pack & ‘20 GT500 HP
My car has an audible click that comes from all four corners but mostly the rear during light breaking . This is most evident at low speeds. It happens in forward and reverse. I think I have isolated it to brake pad noise. And I can re-create it by jostling the pad with my finger .

I feel like this noise occurred when I first got the car with the stock pads on it. I have since put on Carbotech Low dust pads for Street driving. The noise continues but appears to be slightly louder.

It seems like a little bit loose in the housing. Is this something I should be worried about?

There is a similar noise coming from the Front pads as well but the rear is definitely louder

Should I do something to fix it ? if so how do I fix it?

ty

Looks like you are just pushing against the mounting spring? I need to rotate my tires from the last event and will check mine.

Sponsored

OP
OP
EF300

EF300

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2020 GT500 CFTP
Looks like you are just pushing against the mounting spring? I need to rotate my tires from the last event and will check mine.
Yes I am pushing against the spring. But when I put my foot on the brake there is a loud knock from all four corners. Maybe it’s normal, I don’t know

The Chairman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes I am pushing against the spring. But when I put my foot on the brake there is a loud knock from all four corners. Maybe it’s normal, I don’t know
I just touched my brakes w/o the engine running and all four corners clicked a little. The exhaust valves cycled too. That part always seems a little strange!

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
When cold on the PP1 level GT's I get a little click.

The Chairman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just got around to rotating my tires and checked: If I push up on the rear pad, it moves just enough to click a little. It’s just the small leeway the mounting spring allows.
But no sound while driving.
Sponsored