rear map pocket for driver's seat?

Michael_vroomvroom

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2020, MT, EU (not quite PP1), Magneride
Anyone installed something that looks decently OEM-ish? Tired of listening to the two clowns in the back bickering about whether one or the other are using more than "their half" of the one map pocket that's available (only the passenger seat has a map pocket on my 2020).

Thanks, Ford.
Sponsored

DRB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 5.0 Performance Pack convertible, Rapid Red
I got Katzkins aftermarket seat covers. Both fronts have pockets.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
If you don't want to go the Katzskin route - look on eBay and buy a driver side upholstery for an older S550 that has the map pocket and swap your upholstery kit. Then list the upholstery you removed for sale to recoup some of the $$$.

OP
OP
Michael_vroomvroom

Michael_vroomvroom

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

Orange devil

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro,toyoda
Thank's, that doesn't look bad at all for the price. Reviews indicate the middle harness that goes around the front seat is not so good, but still seems to be one of best options. Something like this also has the benefit I don't need to worry about the pockets ripping due to people not being careful with them.
Yeah it looks like the easy fix..get this for the kids for a laugh 😃
Screenshot_20211023-133219_Chrome.jpg

Zathras

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Geez, how much money or profit can that possibly save Ford? I hate it when bean counters compromise a product just to make next quarters numbers go up a fraction of a percent. In the long run, people notice the drop in quality, and quit buying (doing more damage to the brand than whatever short-term cost savings were achieved).

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Tempo, Ford Mustang,FFR,Crown vic.
Geez, how much money or profit can that possibly save Ford? I hate it when bean counters compromise a product just to make next quarters numbers go up a fraction of a percent. In the long run, people notice the drop in quality, and quit buying (doing more damage to the brand than whatever short-term cost savings were achieved).
Oh, come on, who is carrying a bunch of maps today, that you need both seats to have map pockets.
Never mind that 95% of the Mustangs rear seat never get used anyways as seats for humans.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
Individual backpacks are probably cheaper. I have to ask what are they putting in that one pocket....ipads?

Sponsored
OP
OP
Michael_vroomvroom

Michael_vroomvroom

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Individual backpacks are probably cheaper. I have to ask what are they putting in that one pocket....ipads?
Hair brushes and related stuff mostly, but these days, also facial masks and anti-bacterial handwash (covid).

OP
OP
Michael_vroomvroom

Michael_vroomvroom

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
My 6 gen camaro has map pockets on both seats.but the kids can't have legs Back there. Just just no pleasing them.

This might help https://www.amazon.com/HCMAX-Protec...t=&hvlocphy=1013807&hvtargid=pla-494376200395
Don't know if that was just a random suggestion from you, but after looking at similar things I ended up ordering the above indeed. As noted in the reviews, the middle strap is somewhat distracting, but the seat cover works fine without it too. From looking at other covers I also gather that most other similar covers simply do not include the middle strap, so there is nothing to complain about in this regard (it's an extra strap you can use, or not).

Fit is good too, considering it's not something custom made for the Mustang. Obviously one loses the function of the quick release/return latch that's on the upper part at the rear of the seats, but unless one needs that, this is a nice value-for-money cover.

Orange devil

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro,toyoda
Don't know if that was just a random suggestion from you, but after looking at similar things I ended up ordering the above indeed. As noted in the reviews, the middle strap is somewhat distracting, but the seat cover works fine without it too. From looking at other covers I also gather that most other similar covers simply do not include the middle strap, so there is nothing to complain about in this regard (it's an extra strap you can use, or not).

Fit is good too, considering it's not something custom made for the Mustang. Obviously one loses the function of the quick release/return latch that's on the upper part at the rear of the seats, but unless one needs that, this is a nice value-for-money cover.
Glade it work out! ,so did they start adding pockets in both seats after 2018.

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase
My 20 only has the pocket on the passenger side. (Leather premium)
Sponsored