OP
OP
swoop1156

swoop1156

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mach HP, 22 Raptor 37PP, 22 Cayenne Turbo SE
Did a really quick mock-up and I see what needs to be done to get these on. The hardest part is going to be taking the dremel to it and committing. See pics and descriptions below:

This is where the flare would be starting, given how the lip that it has for the mounting attaches to the wheel well. It cannot go further down due to body construction.

qHSy5CTAURpr_i_2PlUP2Uxw=w1089-h1934-no?authuser=0.jpg

This is the left side flare, and before I decide to mount these permanently, I'll try the right on the left and left on right and see if it makes any difference.

_47mIdbaPaVkgjZsdEw793eA=w1089-h1934-no?authuser=0.jpg

The package from Ford comes with pushpins, though there's no place to use them that I've seen so far. I do believe that this installation will be strictly with the already-applied 3M tape. As mentioned, this was a quick look-see, so it's entirely possible that there will be something I can use under there once I actually attempt the install.

620CiHZcreA6lSiZBgYK1BJY=w1089-h1934-no?authuser=0.jpg

In the picture above, you can see that there's nothing to mount the tabs to, no pushpins can be used in this case so far. You can also see why they cannot be mounted lower as the lip on the fender is gone with the rocker panel.

JQUoJL3AUjs75aAuMwrMBM8U=w1089-h1934-no?authuser=0.jpg

a2tF6cdcpZ0dU8lr6pPcGftg=w1089-h1934-no?authuser=0.jpg

Here you can see what's going to be the hardest part of the installation - cutting the remaining piece off as the rear already has the little mudflap from the factory. Installing on top of or removing it is not an option, for me at least. Perhaps, again, once I have more time, I'll see what all is required to remove it as it appears at a glance that the front flare would go all the way around - though definitely wouldn't match up with the rear splitter. As previously mentioned, I'm not interested in that and just want to make it as clean as possible with the cut. I may remove the factory flare as stated and really measure it out.

More to follow when time allows. This really doesn't look to be a huge thing, just time-consuming with measurements and cutting/modifying.

Lilmags500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jody
Vehicle(s)
22 Mach 1 19 F350 20 Fusion Ti 19 Escape Ti
I think you need to use the left on the right and vise-versa . The flair end that has the "L" on it , the tape has a FLAT section I think this will fit nicely towards the front so you can get the flair all the way down to the side skirt , cut the "L" with the hole in it off flush ...

OP
OP
swoop1156

swoop1156

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think you need to use the left on the right and vise-versa . The flair end that has the "L" on it , the tape has a FLAT section I think this will fit nicely towards the front so you can get the flair all the way down to the side skirt , cut the "L" with the hole in it off flush ...
Yeah, I definitely did not swap the sides to see if anything fit a little better or more flush. It will definitely go, it'll just be the different side. I hope to have some time this weekend to screw around with it, but it seems like there's always something!

Cordero1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang
đź‘€

Sponsored

OP
OP
swoop1156

swoop1156

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sorry everyone, didn't have a chance this weekend. I have a guy coming out to do a final application of ceramic on the custom wheels I have, then gotta get those mounted and tossed on the car, then this is next up! I'm in a pretty intensive course and have a certification exam coming up, so that's taking a ton of time and not leaving much for the car at this moment. Plus, well, it's cold out!

Cordero1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang
Will keep patiently waiting. Good luck on the exam!

JOKER M1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium (SOLD)
Sorry everyone, didn't have a chance this weekend. I have a guy coming out to do a final application of ceramic on the custom wheels I have, then gotta get those mounted and tossed on the car, then this is next up! I'm in a pretty intensive course and have a certification exam coming up, so that's taking a ton of time and not leaving much for the car at this moment. Plus, well, it's cold out!
Mine are scheduled for delivery tomorrow, look forward to sharing notes

OP
OP
swoop1156

swoop1156

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mine are scheduled for delivery tomorrow, look forward to sharing notes
Wonderful! I'll definitely appreciate some notes from you and if I can get any before you complete your install, we can trade and combine!

Cordero1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang
Any progress from anyone on this? Might just bite the bullet & go with some rock blocks instead

Sponsored
OP
OP
swoop1156

swoop1156

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Any progress from anyone on this? Might just bite the bullet & go with some rock blocks instead
Nothing from me as of yet. Sudden plumbing issues at the house ruined the fun time! To be continued...

Bullit69

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Manny
Vehicle(s)
19 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
Updates!!??? Any updates gents, I’m sitting on fat ass on my couch waiting for answers.
Thanks in advance!

OP
OP
swoop1156

swoop1156

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Updates!!??? Any updates gents, I’m sitting on fat ass on my couch waiting for answers.
Thanks in advance!
Thanks for the reminder. I had my guy look it over and he said it'll go on easily with strictly double sided tape, though he didn't like that idea. He also doesn't like drilling holes.

I, too, need to get off my ass and get some time in the garage.

JOKER M1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium (SOLD)
Well I tried about a month or so ago and gave up. Bought new splash guards as well, thought I could blend them together but I just couldn’t get comfortable with how it was turning out
Sponsored